"I know. I've wanted to tell you but I thought it was better for you not to know."

"Elena, I've been comforting Matt since he thought his sister was missing. I've told him she will come home and things will get better. But this whole time you knew she was never coming back."

"What can I do to make it up to you."

"It's not what you can do Elena."

"Sof..."I Hold my hand up stopping her.

"It's what he can do." I point at Damon and he looks confused.

__________________________________
"Are you sure you want me to do this?" Damon asks me for the thousandth time.

"Yes." I step out of his car and knock on the door. Matt's smiling face breaks me.

"Hey, babe what are you doing here so late?" He pulls me in for a kiss but I stop him. "What's wrong?"

"Matt, I wish I didn't have to do this but it's for your own good."

"Do what?" Damon appears next to him. "Sof what's going on?"

"Do it." I order and Damon for the first time since I've known him looks conflicted about what he's doing.

"Listen here, Matt. You feel out of love with Sofia."

"I feel out of love with Sofia."

"You will remain good friends but you don't have romantic feelings towards her."

"We will remain friends without the romance."

"All you will remember is it was a mutual break for the both of."

"The breakup was mutual."

"You will go back to being the quarterback and working at the Grill."

"I will go back like everything is normal."

"Good now go back inside and go to bed." Matt walks back inside and I feel myself falling apart. "You didn't have to do that." Damon speaks up.

"I couldn't keep this from him and continue dating him. I would rather break things off now." I head back to the car wiping my face. Damon speeds in front of me.

"Why did you want me to do it?"

"You killed his sister and kept it from me. The least you could do is help me break up with him. He doesn't need to get involved in this mess. It's safer if he's not in the middle of it. Besides, you should be used to compelling people what to think." I try walking away but he places his hand on my shoulder stopping me.

"I can't have you hating me for what I've done in the past." I shove his hand off my shoulder.

"Why did you kill Vicki?"

"I killed her because she was out of control. I uh..."

"Why am I not surprised. You were the one who turned her into a vampire?" He nods his head. "Why did you do it?"

"I was bored and Sofia anything I say won't make what I did okay. Please understand I'm not the same person I was..."

"Damon, I've only known you for a few months. And as much as I want to see the good in you there's this part of me that can't forget what you've done."

"I want you to know I'm not that person anymore."

"Damon, is what Isobel said true?" He doesn't say anything.

"I do care for you Sofia. More than I've cared for anyone in a long time."

"Damon there is this darkness that seems to follow you and Stefan wherever you go. I can't help but wish my life was back to normal." He starts to walk away but now it's my turn to stop him from going. "But there's this other part of me that loves the person you bring out of me. I used to be comfortable with a mediocre life but since you've come into it I've realized I have more I want to live for. I want to see the world and experience everything life has to offer. The Sofia before you were scared of her future."

"And what are you now?"

"I'm ready for it. I don't want to change you, Damon. I'm not my sister. I don't want to control someone's life."

"Sofia, let me take you home."

"And if it means anything to you Damon, I care for you too. I don't know what this means but I do know that despite the part that wants me to distance myself from you I can't help but be drawn to you." He reaches out and places a loose strand out of my face. I try pulling away but his hands latch onto mine.

"As much as you say you don't want to change me. The moment I met you Sofia you changed my life forever."

"Damon, we can't..."

"And why not. I know you feel something between us. Hell, I felt it the moment you slapped me when I tried to first make a move on you."

"Bringing up what you've done before isn't helping this Damon. I need..."

"Tell me right now you feel nothing for me. Tell me that you aren't drawn to me. Tell me something, anything!" Damon forces me to look at him and I'm so scared to say the wrong thing. I've never felt this way for anyone and it's making me go insane.

"What scares me Damon is the fact that I feel something for you. The world is telling me I shouldn't but..."

"But?"

"I can't deny there's something." He looks relieved but I'm not going to give him what he wants right away. "But I love Matt. He made me feel happy and I was able to forget my pain when I was with him. And I just had you erase his love for me because I need to protect him. But I still have love for him."

"Your love for his was child's play Sofia! He was never going to give you what you want most."

"And what do you know about what I want most?" Damon steps closer and I place my hands on his chest stopping him from getting any closer.

"I know you want to experience everything life has to offer. You want to live this amazing fantastic life, but with him, all you would get is a boring white picket fence. You'll never have adventure or freedom to do what you want."

"That's not..."

"Sofia, yes he made you happy, but I'm telling you right now." Damon takes my hand and places it over where his heart is. "You've made me go crazy thinking about you."

"What about Katherine?"

"She means nothing. She had no hold on me." I can tell he's lying. The love he had for her was real on his end. It may not have been for her, but the love he had for her doesn't just go away.

"I need time Damon. There's a lot going on in this town and I just need to be alone." He hangs his head low. I know he wanted me to say something else, but I just broke up with Matt. I can't move on to another guy. My heart still loves Matt and everything he made me feel. I felt normal with him. I felt like nothing bad could happen. I felt safe and now I'm in the unknown.

"You're worth waiting for Sofia." Damon kisses my cheek and in a blink of an eye, I'm back on my front porch. I rub where his lips were and I wish I knew what I wanted. I wish knowing what feelings you had for someone was easy to decipher. I'm now confused more than ever about what my heart wants. Something deep inside is telling me Damon could be my greatest love or biggest regret.

Will Damon and Sofia last? How will Matt take finding out later that Sofia had Damon compel him not to love her?

Moving Forward ~1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara