I get a standing ovation. Take that Alex!

Start bij het begin

A creak echoed through the house. Taylor sat up with a jolt and didn't hesitate to wake up the person next to her, clamping her hand over their mouth so they wouldn't make a noise. I peered closer and realized it was her little brother.Tiptoeing off the bed with her brother in her arms, we were able to see a good shot of both their faces.

My heart melted, he had Down syndrome, he looked on the verge of tears as footsteps came closer Through the house.

Taylor moved swiftly and deliberately, I felt Jack buzzing on my neck impatiently and decided to let him watch too, for once he didn't utter a word when he came out.

Taylor moved to her window and opened it, helping her brother through it. She whispered hastily, "It's fine Cole, I love you, I love you. It will be fine. Stay on the roof, the ladder is all set up I'll come and get you fast and we can go get a slurpee. Okay? Stay here. I've got to make sure he won't come after us."

Right as she shut the window Cole began to cry but he nodded through his sniffles, moving out of the way of the window and curling up in a ball.

I looked away from the screen and watched as a tear slid down Taylor's face, too entranced to look away, but still a face of horror masked her.

Taylor stood alone in her room. She snatched up a baseball bat from the corner and hid in the shadows. The brightness of a phone screen illuminated her fearful face. The phone short circuited and began to smoke. Taylor smothered it with blankets. Then she reached for what looked like a water balloon near her art supplies.

She stood waiting , her body hovering over the door handle. The footsteps padded upstairs, a jingling sound and a low growl came with. Taylor's eyes were glistening as she took a deep breath, baseball bat in hand. We finally found out what she was waiting for, the grandfather clock sounded through the house and she slipped out of her room noiselessly.

A tall, broad silhouette stood in the hall, his gloved hands fingering a family photo.

You couldn't see his face, but his eyes held an evil red glare. Before he could register her movement, Taylor chucked the water balloon at his eyes and came at him running with crazy fast speeds, shoving him back down the steps with a yell.

The Einherjar cheered as she swung over the banister with the baseball bat in hand, landing above his crouched figure. The water ballon was filled with red paint, it should've blinded him.

Should've.

Taylor Aimed a swing at his head, just as she lifted it, he turned over with a gun pointed at her chest. She spun away and slipped on the wood floor, turning over the couch and ducking behind it as the bullet barely missed her. Another shot rang above her head, shattering a glass vase. Taylor took a large shard and threw it widely. It jabbed into his arm, winning another cheer from the undead warriors around us.

The man didn't even wince, but he wasted time pulling out the glass, Taylor had already sped to the kitchen. Hiding in the shadows of the entrance, she waited till the intruder came near, she swung the bat and it connected with a satisfactory smack, sounding like it cracked his nose.

It only splintered the bat. Whatever that thing was, it wasn't human.

Taylor scrambles backward in shock and let out a blood curdling scream.