Magical mead goat juice stuff isnt that bad

We weren't the first to arrive for dinner. Around the perimeter of the room a hundred doors burst open. Angry Vikings who were still resentful about being killed pushed me and my group through the doors as the other elevators dropped them off.

I was shoved into the room the size of a concert arena. I stalled and stared in awe, thankfully Sam pulled me aside or else I would've been stomped over like an ant and I was in no mood to die again, for the third time.

"Holy sh—"

—" welcome." Sam said, cutting me off as she pulled up her scarf, "to the Feast hall of the Slain."

Tiers of long tables curved down into the nosebleed section, in the center of the room, instead of the usual basketball court, there was a massive tree that rose taller than the Statue of Liberty. It's lowest branch was at least 100 feet up give or take a little. It's beautiful canopy spread over the domed ceiling and sprouting through a wide opening at the top. Above that, stars glittered in a dark blue night sky. A comet whizzed past, I wondered if it would make it through earth's atmosphere And come crashing down on the pretty tree just to spite me. Because that seems to be the common trend so far.

"What is that?" I asked, pointing to the towering tree.

"The tree of Laeradr." Sam stood next to me with a melancholy look on her face, like she would really miss a tree.

I chuckled and shook my head, "lady what now? No, Sam, what it that?" I explained, pointing more closely at the huge goat with its group of men underneath her, catching milk droplets with a big gold basin. Completely soaked mind you. It looked Totally gross.

"I mean, that must be ceremonial right? No one drinks that, that can't be sanitary." I elaborated more, waiting for her response.

Sam smirked and crossed her arms, watching the guys stumbled and shuffle around, goat milk sloshing everywhere. "No it's totally clean, Heidrun's milk is used to make Valhalla mead, it's really good. You'll see."

I shook my head with a disgusted look on my face, "The Norse are weird. I'm not a big mead drinker.." I stopped short as Sam beckoned me to follow, I did not want to get lost in here. I matched her stride, "also I'm not going to ask about the other animals, just chilling over us while we eat."

"They're cute, and some of them have important jobs." Was her only defense.

We were soon swept up in a tidal wave of the dead, laughing, joking, and banging their chests asking for food. They all looked younger, 19 at the oldest, although it was kind of hard to tell from behind some of their muscles and beards. To my surprise I actually saw a few kids. Most of them that looked around 10 and under were being carried to their seats by Valkyries, so they wouldn't get caught under foot. I lost sight of them quickly though.

I was squished against my Valkyrie, smelling the BO of someone next to me, probably named Erik. Apparently everyone is named Erik here. Accordingly to Magnus, so who knows for real?

"This isn't working." Samirah said as she found my wrist.

"Hold on." She said, then we flew into the air, Peter Pan style, though I was not feeling the Wendy darling vibe at the moment.

I looked at her incredulously and tried not to start hysterically laughing, "you fly too?!"

Sam actually managed to crack a smile. We skimmed over the heads of the warriors, one looked up when I accidentally knocked off his helmet, he recognized me instantly, "look the speedy newbie!" Was his cry in response.

Speedy? better than Swifty at least.

"Speedy eh? Made an impression your first battle?" Sam asked over her shoulder as we weaves out of the way of the goat.