XXXIV

Hermione's P.O.V. :

Apples.

Green apples, parchment, Draco's cologne is what I smelt from the vial of Amortentia that Ginny was pestering me so much to smell. Not that she knew that I knew what it was. As soon as she pulled out the vial, though, I could tell by the color and the fact that I know that no perfume company could ever get close to perfecting Draco's scent.

"Smells good," I told her as I continued making  lasagna for dinner that had just been wasting away in the pantry.

She seemed to barely be able to contain her curiosity. "So?"

I decided to mess with her.

I shrugged my shoulders a little before I continued stirring the meat in. "Well, to be honest it smells like McLaggen. How did you get his colo-"

*thump*

I look down to the floor, expecting to see an unconscious Ginny. Instead she's just staring at the ceiling with disbelief and disgust.

I couldn't contain myself as I bursted out laughing, causing the disbelief  to morph into confusion.

"Oh, Ginny! You should have seen your face." I doubled over once more while she stood up and brushed herself off.

"Wait, so you don't smell McLaggen?" She asked cautiously, making sure it was all a joke.

"Of course not, Ginny. I smelt Draco's cologne and the green apples that he's always obsessed with," I confirmed, slightly chuckling at the sight of her mortified face only a couple seconds earlier.

She suddenly looked really excited.

"Who gave you the Amortentia anyway?"

"George." A couple of seconds later, she seemed to fully process my words. "How did you- Never mind, I should've known that I couldn't slip anything past you, Hermione ."

She began helping by getting some drinks out and setting the table.

"What time is it?"

She glanced at the clock across the living room while I took the hamburger helper off the stove and turned the stove off.

"Ten till seven," she informed me. "They should be here any minute."

I went and picked up some blankets that were just lying on the love seat and couch before going back to my room to pick my hair up, seeing as the heat made my hair puff out. Again.

Honestly, can't I get a break from this mane?

I walk back into the living room to see Ginny pouring some of the vial into different candles around the room before lighting them and giggling. I roll my eyes and shake my head before sitting down on the couch.

A knock makes me look in the direction of the door. I groan to myself before getting back up.

"I'll get it," I informed her, making my way over to the door.

I opened the door to see an empty hallway.

Confused, I stepped out into the hallway and glance to the right, then I turned to the left only to come face to face with Blaise.