Twenty-Seven

Today was our last day in Fiji. I can't believe it's already been two weeks. It's been amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon. We are going to the cliff and I'm going to actually jump off today. I've been too scared every time Grayson and I go.

***

"Get up Lauren." I was awoken by Gray's soft whisper and a peck on the cheek. I groaned and opened my eyes, realizing it was already eleven a.m. He grabbed my hand and tugged me into his lap. He kissed my lips and stared into my eyes.

"What?" I blush while smiling.

"How did I get so lucky to end up with you. You're so gorgeous." He stated. I slapped his bare chest and dug my face into my hands.

"Cmon, lets get ready for the beach." I nodded my head and walked to the dresser my clothes were in. I pulled out my yellow checkered bikini bottoms along with the strapless top.

I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower, not washing my hair. I got out with the towel wrapped around my body and brushed my teeth. I let my hair down and brushed it. I didn't apply any makeup because we were going swimming and there was no point. As I was finishing in the bathroom, Grayson came up behind me and put his arms around my waist.

"I love you." He held onto me as I attempted to walk.

"I love you too." I giggled. He then let go and I changed into the bikini. Grayson was staring at me intently on the bed.

"Gray! Let me change in peace!" I laughed harder.

"I can't help it." He winked and I threw my dirty towel at him. I walked back to the dresser and got a tee-shirt and high waisted denim shorts. I slipped them on and slid into my cheap walmart flip flops.

***

We walked up the cliff and I felt my stomach twist into thousands of knots.

"Do I have to jump?" I whined to him.

"It's not that bad, I swear." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"It looks so high up!"

"Like I said, it's not that bad. It only lasts a few seconds. The only thing scary is the wedgie you get when your body reaches the water." That made me laugh a little.

We finally got to the top after what felt like a year. I went to the edge of the cliff and looked down.

"Jesus-" Grayson then tore off his shirt.

"Wait for me." I hesitated to pull off my shorts and shirt.

"Hurry Lauren." He laughed at me. I tugged off my clothes, leaving me in my bikini and grabbed his hand.

"You wanna go together?" He looked at me. I nodded my head and looked down again.

"I don't understand how you don't get nervous just looking at this." I gestured toward the water.

"I guess I'm just not a wuss like you." He winked.

"Oh, I'll show you how much of a wuss I am after I jump off." I let go of his hand and step backwards. I sprinted to the edge of the cliff and jumped into the water. Not long after me, Grayson jumped and grabbed me in the water. He pulled me up and held me.

"What happened to wanting to hold my hand?" He joked.

"Well I just wanted to prove myself."

"Wanna go again?"

"Oh hell no." I looked back up at the cliff and laughed.

***