Fifteen

When we arrived at the clinic, we walked into the lobby to check in. Grayson was checking me in and I went and took a seat. I pulled out my phone and saw that I had a text from Jess.

Jess: Good morning:)

Me: Good morning Jess

Jess: How are you today?

Me: I'm doing better. How are you?

Jess: About the same, what are you doing?

Me: I'm actually at the clinic with Gray.

Jess: Is everything okay?

Me: It's nothing, I just threw up this morning so I'm getting a check up.

Jess: Okay, talk to you later. Love you!

Me: I will and I love you too!

With that, I turned my phone off and watched the tv that was on in the lobby. Grayson started walking towards me with a clipboard in his hands.

"Paperwork." He laughed and rolled his eyes. He handed it to me to fill out.

***

We were finally called into the doctors office and I was getting nervous. Grayson was holding my hand to help keep my nerves settled a bit. When the doctor got in the room, he asked the basic questions like, "Have you been feeling ill lately?", "Coughing? Sneezing? Runny nose?".

I told him 'No' on pretty much all of those questions until he asked the most embarrassing question I've ever been asked in a doctors office.

"Have you been sexually active recently?" Gray and I exchanged looks and he let out a small laugh and it was pretty obvious the answer was 'Yes'.

"Okay, well we're gonna need you to take a pregnancy test. Are you alright with that?" I hesitantly nodded, "Perfect. I'll be right back with the test and cup." He walked out of the office and Grayson got up and sat next to me.

"Hey, baby what's wrong?" I guessed he must've seen my sad face.

"What if I'm pregnant Gray? What will we do? We're both nineteen. We don't know how to raise a baby!" I panicked.

"Then we'll keep that beautiful baby and take care of it. We always have Jess, Ethan and my parents." He rubbed my back. I took a few deep breaths trying to sync in his calmness with the whole situation and the doctor walked back in.

"Here you go Miss Johnson." He smiled. He then instructed me on how to use it.

"Thank you." I replied, walking out of the room. I went into the bathroom and felt a rush of butterflies in my stomach. I've always wanted a family, but not this early.

***

I sat on the floor while I waited the five minutes to  see the results of the test. This five minutes felt like the longest five minutes of my life, but eventually the time was up. I finally got up and looked at the test. "Two lines meant positive, one line meant negative" I read the box. I looked at the bar and saw two lines. 'Positive'

I'm pregnant.

For some reason I felt happy. I remembered what Grayson said and I was especially happy to be pregnant.  I knew he wasn't going to be mad. I walked out of the bathroom crying tears of joy and walked back into the office.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I smiled a huge smile.

"I'm pregnant!" I cried even more.

"That's amazing!" Grayson's eyes were tearing up and he jumped up to hug me, "I'm so happy!"

***