Twenty-Six

Today was the first official day we were in Fiji. By the time we got to Fiji, it was five a.m. there and basically two days later. We left California at eleven p.m. on Saturday, the wedding day, and it took eleven hours to get to Fiji. Plus the nineteen hour time difference.

As soon as we got to our rental, we crashed in our bed. It was a one bedroom, one bathroom home. It was small, but sweet. I was extremely excited to be spending two weeks alone with my newlywed husband.

I woke up and checked my phone. It was one p.m. and I slept for a good seven and a half hours. The bright sun was seeping through the sheer white curtain and I covered my eyes. I turned around and saw Grayson was still sleeping. I put my arm around waist and kissed his bicep. He slowly moved his body around to face me and cuddled me into his chest.

"Morning." I groggily said.

"Morning." He said in his raspy morning voice. I played with his hair for a few seconds and pecked his forehead.

"I love you." I rubbed his cheek.

"I love you more." He grabbed my waist and pulled me on top of him to where I was straddling him. He sat up and stared kissing me. I then laid on his chest and started thinking about how we met.

"It's crazy." I said.

"What is?" Gray rubbed my back.

"We literally met in a coffee shop. Almost two years ago. It's so crazy how one person can change your life. And be your soulmate." I looked into his eyes.

"I know. When I gave you my number that day, I thought you were just going to ignore it and throw it away."

"Why would I do that? You're too cute to just ignore." I winked and he laughed and we just laid there, admiring the moment. He then grabbed my hand and walked us out to the balcony.

"Oh no, there's only one chair. Guess you'll have to sit in my lap." Grayson sat and patted his thighs and I laughed at his comment. He then started tickling me and I groaned.

"Gray!" I sounded like an exasperated beached whale.

"What?" He tickled more.

"Stop." I was practically wheezing at this point and my head hurt.

***