Four

About ten minutes after talking to Jess, I heard a knock at my apartment door. I got up and grabbed my things. I opened the door to see Grayson, the same scruffy hair that he had at the cafe the other day.

"Hey!" He smiled.

"Hey!" I responded, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yes." I walked out and closed the door behind me.

"Great, lets go." He was still smiling.

On our way there, we made small talk, getting to know each other a little.

***

We ended up talking for hours at the diner. He was so interesting. He's wasn't like a normal boy, who just liked football or video games. He was real. He had actual emotions. I could relate to him. I also found out he lives with his older brother, Ethan, in an apartment a few miles from Emily and I's.

"Anyway, I have to get home before Ethan destroys the apartment. Do you want me to take you home?" He spoke.

"Yes, but don't feel like you need to. I can call an uber if he's getting impatient."

"He can wait." He smiled.

"Thanks." I laughed a bit.

***

"Thanks for inviting me out, I would've been sitting on my couch watching TV if you didn't ask me out." I said as we pulled into the parking lot.

"It's my pleasure. I wanted to get to know you." Noah turned his head toward me and grinned.

"Goodnight Grayson." I got out of his car and waved at him.

"Goodnight Lauren." He said with the same smile.

***