▪Chapter VI▪

I ducked behind a red car and whispered, "Lexi, is there anyone surrounding the perimeter?"

"Nope Basic, clear to proceed with the plan."

I tiptoed to the keypad and connected my tablet to it. Codes were running on my screen and I slowly received each numeral of the security code one by one. Inputting them onto the keypad and discretely checking if nobody saw me, I crept slowly back to the red car.

"Hey Logan, already done."

"Copy that." He replied.

I pulled up the building's blue prints and satellite footage. I zoomed into the building and I saw three hostiles.

"Logan I see three people in there. You can go in through the front door, quietly though I thin-"

I heard a loud bang and I jumped a bit.

"Or just shoot down the door, you know which ever way pleases you."

I heard a few shots and I just knew Logan might have just killed someone. I rolled my eyes, got up and ran towards the room. Logan had my dad at gun point and I was stunned when I saw him begging for his life. On the floor were two dead bodies with bullets straight through the chest.

"Logan let's go."

"No, I have to finish him. It's the only way him and Ricardo will stop bringing drugs into this city." Logan held firmly onto the gun, with a look showing absolutely no mercy.

"Logan, let the police handle this, let's go!" I shouted.

He knew I was right. We couldn't have the police knowing we were part of Hexagon. I would be the first to go to jail since I'm one of their hackers, and never in a million years is hacking legal.

He reluctantly lowered his gun, he walked up to my dad and gave him a good punch in the face making him pass out.

In the distance we heard police sirens and I yanked at Logan's arm,

"Let's go."

He took one look at the room again, and so did I, and we ran to the car, fleeing the scene before anyone knew we were even there.

"What were you thinking?!" I shouted.

"Ending a drug gang for the sake of this city."

"You were going to shoot my dad, infront of me!"

"I'm sorry Jade but we both know you're better off without him."

His words pierced another hole into my already bruised heart but I ignored it.

"Yes, I'm aware. Whether I like it or not he is still my dad."

Logan ignored me and kept his eyes on the road. I, on the other hand, turned away and fixated on each and every building we passed.

When we got to Hexagon, he exited the car without saying a word and I did the same. I inhaled deeply before walking into Hexagon with my head high.

"Great job," complimented Lexi.

"I tried."

I sat at my desk and hacked into the nearby security cameras that surrounded the motel and wiped it clean. When I said we had to execute our plans unnoticed, I really did mean it.

I was clicking through each and every image, distinctly erasing it when something caught my attention. I squinted my eyes and zoomed in on the picture.

Dress in jeans and a black hoodie was a certain person who has taken a liking to my personal life lately.

"What the-" I paused as I cleared the image and removed all the blur.