the one with a visit

Fiona stood in the cemetery of Johnny

Fiona stood in the cemetery of Johnny. She felt a tear slide down her cheek as she remembered the rainy nights where they would sit in his car and watch as the rain trickled down the windows, talking about their futures. Futures that were never spent together. Fiona felt anger bubble in her chest as she remembered that man.

She remembered June being a person of interest after his death. Remembering how the autopsy proved her innocent. Fiona a would never forgive the man for ruining her life and the lives of Johnny's family. Fiona clenched her fists as she fell to her knees and looked at the photo of him in his gravestone.

"I'm so sorry," she whimpered, "I should have done something, but I froze and didn't protect you like I should have."

She wiped her face and looked the gravestone next to his: June Robinson.

Fiona smiled at the memories she had with Johnny as June, missing the way he made her feel every time he would lift her up and go on about how she was his Leia and that he was her Solo. Fiona sighed and sat down at their graves.

"Fiona?" She heard someone speak and turned.

A little boy was stood at the door of the grave plot.

"My mommy says it's bad luck to stand on a grave," he said and Fiona chuckled.

"I invented that myth to have people respect the dead," she smiled and he smiled back.

"Who is that?" He asked and Fiona looked back.

"My last soulmate, from my life before," she frowned.

"He didn't live long like you?" He asked and Fiona shook her head.

"Listen up, kid," she said and turned to him, "if you're held at gunpoint for money and I'm not there to save you, you give them all your money, don't be a hero, your life is more important than your money, and love your soulmate with your whole heart, never let a moment pass by, okay?"

Th kid nodded and smiled, he hugged her and ran off to his mother.

"Charlie, who was that?" Fiona heard and smiled. She got up and turned, walking out of the cemetery.

"Excuse me!" She heard and turned, a man in a beanie and flannel approached her, a desperate look on his face.

"How can I help you?" She asked and he sighed.

"My soulmate, Jodie, she's been taken," he frowned and Fiona widened her eyes.

"Alright, lets talk," she said, grabbing his arm and flew them to a diner.

They walked over to a table and sat down.

"When was the last place you saw her?" She asked.

"We were walking home from the theatre when she was grabbed, the last thing I was was her and I got knocked out," he frowned and Fiona nodded.

"Sounds like someone has it in for you, sex traffickers wait for her to be alone, what time was it?" She asked.

"Seven at night, I woke up at twelve in the street," he said and looked at his arms, wishing he had the gps tattoo like Fiona did.

"I can try and tap into the connect between you and Jodie and find her through there, but I'll need time to prepare, I could rip your mind in half if I do it now," she said and he shook his head.

"I don't care I need her," he said and Fiona shook her head.

"It could rip her mind in half too," she argued and the man nodded.

"My name is Jeremy," he said and Fiona nodded. "Jeremy White."

"Well, Jeremy White," she smiled, "we're gonna find Jodie."

"Thank you so much, I tried going to Jessica Jones but she wasn't there," he sighed and Fiona frowned.

"Whose that?" She asked, the name sounded familiar.

"A very good private eye, she a superhuman, like Spider-Man," he said and Fiona nodded.

"Sounds familiar, I'll look into her, see if we can get any tips," she said and pulled out her phone.

"I'll get into shield, see if I can find any satellite images, I need you to describe the people you saw, height, age appearance, all the colors your saw," she said, pulling up her notes, "we'll, get these assholes."

He nodded, describing the men vividly and when he finished, Fiona read through it and nodded.

"Alright, now, if you don't know them, she might have, go through her stuff, find photos notes, anything that looks suspicious and see if you can find something there," she said and he nodded, "we'll find Jodie."

———

short chapter.