♧ .Chapter 5. ♧

"I did not see this coming," I hear Tony say beside me.

"Huh," I say to him.

Tony - sitting right beside me on my left - points out towards the door to our right of the classroom. Some muscular jock walks in here, the nerve. Unless, of course, he's dating one of these dumb blondes. The blue-eyed jock then goes to our writing club president that's just standing behind the podium. There's no way Jodi would go falling for a jock.

"If you're looking for her, she told me not to tell you."

"Um actually," Weird how he sounds nervous, "I'm here to be a member."

The whole classroom has woken up to the fact that a jock is applying to be a member of the writing club. As you can see, the only jock here in this club is him and no one else. Who would have thought that a jock is into writing?

Tony beside me starts to quietly applaud, though. Why is he clapping for him?

"Why are you congratulating him," I questioned him in a whisper.

"Didn't Alliah tell you," he shows confusion, "Him and I go all the way back during her childhood."

"I would have known that," I furiously whispered loudly in his ear.

"You wouldn't," he corrected me. "We met him while you were away every summer season."

High-pitched "hellos," "heys" and giggles all filled the entire room as Bernard the devil himself walked straight towards our direction. He grabs a chair and flips it to where he's sitting with the back of the chair in front of him, his arms resting on top of it.

"Jodi briefed me into this whole intro thing," Bernard's eyes glistens, "so I came here to you since we both already know each other."

"You might want to pretend you don't know me," Tony suggested.

"And why is that," he asked.

"This here is Noelle,"

"Excuse me, I'm a thing," I exclaimed my anger towards him.

"She can be badly tempered, worse if you're just getting to know her."

"Woah," Tony jumped off his seat as I tried to grab him.

The whole class members all look at us, leaving Tony embarrassed. With him below me, my legs straddling his waist, they see him defeated by a girl. It was not only embarrassing to him, but he was also ashamed as well. I wasn't purely thinking, so I got up and helped him back up to his seat. We then focus back to Bernard and not to other members.

"Okay," I calm myself down. "What's your full name?"

"Bernard Johnson, no middle name."

"Your age," Tony took my turn.

"20, 21 next month on the fourteenth."

"When did you graduate high school," I took the privilege of asking next.

"Two years ago," his eyes show depression as he answered with a dull voice.

"What did you do for the last two years," I pinpointed a question that I see through his eyes that he didn't like to answer.

"I tried looking for a job, but the annoyance from my parents bothered me so I finally decided to start college just for their purposes."

"Are you telling me that this is your first year?"

"Yeah," he sounds so disinterested.

As soon as I stopped asking questions, Tony and Bernard started to talk about their past. I didn't want to listen as I tried to think of something else while I wrote down his answers. If he didn't want to go to college, then why did he choose to be in football? Obviously, he answered that he was looking for work; so technically, he's not into football either?

I look down on the piece of paper in front of me. We still have a way to go into our individual introductions before writing our group interests. The reason why we are doing this is for those qualified to stay in here and those who aren't. It's the difference of who's showing effort in this club. It isn't just about writing, apparently. This club is also for us to get a chance in having our stories heard not just from the school, but from the writing contests we enter that the school approves of. I then look at the first couple or so lines on the paper:

Reminder:

Install Wattpad on your phones,
input important dates on your calendar,
and most importantly - install Line App.

This is for sharing your published short stories and poems, especially informing our group of the link posted.

LINE APP Group Name:
"Kirasagi Lions Writing Club"

I hope Alliah gets this information. In hope's of that, I should just take a picture of this and send it to her via SMS messaging. What did we get into? I hope Alliah knows what she's doing. Speaking of..

"So yeah, as I've told Allie, you need to watch out for her."

"Who's Allie? Your dumb girlfriend," I snorted that one out. "By the way, Tony, why did you wanted Alliah's address for?"

"I'm the sole reason," Bernard caught my attention.

"What now?"

"I'm worried sick of Allie," Tony then shows deep concern.

"Who is this Allie? I just want to know about Alliah?"

"We call Alliah Allie," Tony confessed, "and from what Bernard told me, we definitely need to know about Alliah every now and then."

"Why," I ask even though I know my question would be answered by either one of them.

"I believe you know someone by the name of Jasmeen with two e's," my heart just shattered. "And you're right earlier. I am dating a dumb girlfriend, that is of course, if she was blonde when you first met her."

I didn't know what else to say. I just became frozen stiff. Jasmeen is here? Bernard, Alliah and Tony know each other during childhood summers? Worse of all, Jasmeem is the girlfriend of this wretched jock? Please, please, please!!! Let there be no more surprises! I'm dying inside!