Chapter 9: No Exit

Albus and Scorpius sat closely next to each other in Snape's own little private room.

The place was dim and was only lit by a few candles. Books are surprsingly neatly piled on top of each other, but the potions were scattered and messy.

"Unfortunately, I didn't find a potion that would send you back to your time." Snape said, which made both boys suddenly worry.

"But, I did manage to make one." Both Albus and Scorpius shared a matching sigh of relief at that.

Snape handed both boys one vial each. Both vials has the same strong flowery odor and thick looking texture potion.

"Do we just drink it?" Albus asked.

"Drink it." Snape confirmed.

"Seriously? Just drink it?" Albus rephrased the same question.

Into which Snape replied with the same answer, "Yes, just drink it!"

"Right now? Are you kidding? Don't we have to inform Dumbledo--,"

"You're just as annoying as your father you little troublemaker, I told you to drink it so you should just drink it!!"

Both of them immediately drank the said potion, in fear of making Severus mad any further. Each of them had their eyes closed, while Snape had his eyes wide open anticipating to see the result.

So the three of them waited.

And waited..

And waited....

Scorpius opened his eyes, only to see Albus' eyes opened as well, and disappointment written all over Snape's face.

"I thought you made a potion that would send us home!" Albus said.

"Watch your tone young man," Snape glared, "How come it didn't work? It should've worked!"

"Well your potion's a plop, that's that." Albus said, getting off of his seat.

"Al," Scorpius said, placing a hand on Albus' shoulder hoping that would calm him down.

"My potion was perfect! Perhaps the problem wasn't my potion, but it was you!" came Snape's reply.

"How can I be the problem? Who's the potions master here?!"

"Obviously not you!"

"Apparently it's not you either!"

"SILENCE!!" Snape snapped, "It was perfect. It was supposed to be perfect. The potion was supposed to send you back in just one drink."

"Well how come it didn't?"

Snape turned to give both boys a look, "Maybe one of you doesn't want to go home."

-

Both boys were silent for who knows how long. They're now currently inside their room, and both of them are still silent.

"Al?" Albus heard Scorpius called on him.

"What?" he asked, turning around to face the other boy.

"I'm your bestfriend right?" Scorpius asked.

"Haven't I made that clear before?" Albus asked with a teasing grin.

"I'm serious Al!!" Scorpius pouted, into which Albus replied with a laugh.

"You look cute when you pout," Albus suddenly pointed out, and once again, they fell into an awkward surprising silence.

Did Albus just really said that? Scorpius' flustered face only confirms that he did. Albus doesn't even know where he gained the sudden confidence.