Chapter 5: Curiosity Kills The Cat

"So... What are we supposed to do now?" Scorpius asked Albus.

Albus shrugged before jumping down on his bed, face first, and let himself sink down. "I don't know," his answer came in as muffled. "Blend in I suppose."

Scorpius hummed in agreement. "I don't think Hufflepuff suits us though," he said, while playing with his borrowed Hufflepuff robes.

Dumbledore allowed them to borrow a Hufflepuff's uniform. He told them that it will serve as their disguise for the mean time. He also made them stay in the Room of Requirement. The two boys didn't have any negative reactions to that, so they were quick to obey.

Albus chuckled before cocking his head to face his bestfriend. "Probably not me, you on the other hand though," he teased.

Scorpius gasped, exaggeratedly. "Are you saying that Slytherin doesn't suit me?"

"I didn't say anything like that!" Albus grinned. "Plus, so what if both Hufflepuff and Slytherin suits you? I'm just saying that you look good in anything."

Scorpius felt his cheeks burn at the sudden compliment. He quickly covered it up by throwing a pillow at Albus. Albus laughed as the pillow hit him. Hearing his best friend laugh, Scorpius couldn't help but chuckle as well.

-

"Do you think Hogwarts changes their menu?" Scorpius asked Albus, as he take a bite out of his fried chicken wings.

"I don't know," Albus shrugged. "It looks the same though."

"And it tastes the same," Scorpius added.

"It's probably the same," they concluded at the same time. Both boys laughed at their synchronization.

Only to stop when Albus felt a pair of eyes on them. From way across the hall, Albus can see his father's eyes eyeing them both with determination and curiosity.

Albus immediately ducked down, avoiding Harry's gaze.

"What's wrong?" Scorpius worriedly asked, when he noticed his best friend's sudden change of mood.

"Dad's staring at me," Albus mumbled, looking at everything but Harry's direction.

"So what?" Scorpius oblivously asked.

"It's creepy!" Albus said.

Scorpius only shrugged. "Maybe," he said before turning to look at his best friend's dad.

Only to see his own dad, Draco Malfoy, talking to Harry, a few shocked expressions surrounding them both. Scorpius can't really blame them, for he himself is shocked as well.

He has no clue why on Earth, Draco would talk to Harry. He can't hear what they're saying though, the place is too crowded and they're too far away. He attempted to read their lips, but he failed for he didn't have that certain ability.

He was even more surprised when Harry stood up and followed Draco out of the Great Hall. With a quick hand pecking on Albus's arm, Scorpius motioned his friend to follow him. Although confused, Albus followed.

"It's kinda weird, y'know?" Albus and Scorpius heard Harry say. They hid behind a corner, careful not to be seen.

"It's not just 'weird', Potter. It's fishy. Seriously how dense can you get?" They heard Draco say this time. Albus turned to Scorpius with a raised eyebrow, Scorpius only shrugged.

"Geez Malfoy, I'm just trying to keep this conversation going," Harry retorted.

"Well you don't have too. The conversation ended, time to leave now," Draco said.

"But wait!" Harry called. "What about them? The boys who look like us"

"I'll be lying if I told you that they don't interest me." Draco mumbled.

"I know right?!" Harry said, in agreement. "I really wanna do something about it-,"

"Then do something about it!" Draco cut off.

"Oh c'mon Malfoy! You know I can't do it alone" Harry almost whined.

"So what are you suggesting, we work together?"

"Am I not obvious?" Harry said, boredness clearly heard in his tone.

"But what about your mudblood and muggle-loving friends?"

"You know what?" Harry started, with a sudden change of tone. For a second there, Harry had forgotten about how much of a git and an asshole Malfoy is. "Fuck you, Malfoy."

Scorpius and Albus heard Harry's heels turning around. Panicked, both boy boys didn't know what to do, or where to go.

"Wait! Potter!" Draco called, stopping Harry on his tracks. Scorpius and Albus felt relieved.

"I..." he hesitated, "Fine. I'll help you... Sorry I acted like a git," he sheepishly said.

Was it amusing? Was it weird? Harry doesn't really know, but he suddenly felt easy with the other boy, just by hearing him apologize.

"Alright," Harry said. "A truce then?" He handed out his hand for Draco to shake.

Draco eyed Harry's hand at first, momentarily having a nostalgic feeling that also involves handshakes way back in first year, but this time vice versa, then after a few more seconds, they shook hands. Both agreeing with a truce.

-

"So correct me if I'm wrong," Scorpius started when he and Albus are alone in their own personal little room. "Our dads -who's supposed to be rivals in their teens- are working together just because they're curious about us?"

Albus turned. "Yep... That's pretty much it."

The thought of their dads, Harry Potter, the savior of the Wizarding World, and Draco Malfoy, the cunning and sly Slytherin Prince, teaming up together against them, sent some sort of fear ran down Albus' spine. This might be harder than they thought it would be.

-

Chapters would be shorter in this fic, but hey I'll update more frequently :)