Chapter 1: The Potion

It was Potions with Slytherins and Gryffindors together. Proffesor Slughorn tasked them to make a potion that would allow them to see the past. Thankfully, he let them choose their partner. Now of course, Albus and Scorpius would pick each other. Neither of them are good with potions but none of them seemed to mind. In fact they're perfectly okay with it. As long as they're together, they're pretty much fine with anything.

This idea, the making a potion that allows you to see the past idea, excited both of them. Scorpius was really eager to find out what happened in the past, specially what's going on with his dad. He also wanted to see him young, in personal that is. Albus on the other hand is not as excited as Scorpius. He's excited yes, but its nowhere near Scorpius' excitement. He and his dad just started to get along. It's still awkward at times but both of them are trying, and that's what matters.

"Are you excited Al?" Scorpius gleefully asked as he stired the potion.

Albus gave him a smile. Not as bright as his bestfriend's smile, but it's a smile.

"It's alright," he said, "Are you sure you're stirring the potion the right way?"

Scorpius turned at Albus, acting offended. "It says clockwise Al, what does it look like I'm doing?"

Albus just shrugged. "I don't know. Its just that neither of us are good with potions," he said genuinely.

"Yeah. I wish I inherited dad's abilities," Scorpius agreed.

"Well, I wished I'd chosen Rose as a partner," Albus said with a smug look on his face.

"You traitor!" Scorpius gasped.

Albus let out a chuckle. "I'm kidding Scorp. I wouldn't choose anyone over you," he said with a smile.

"And that's why I. Love. You."

Albus can't really tell if Scorpius is being serious with him. He said 'I love you' in such a teasing yet serious manner. The way he emphasized each word isn't helping as well. Albus can't really tell if his best friend is bluffing or not.

Best friend. Of course Scorpius loves him. That's what bestfriends do right? They love each other. Albus loves Scorpius and Scorpius loves Albus and that's that, but that doesn't explain the faint blush rising up Albus' cheeks.

"Can you pass me the golden rose Al? It's the only ingredient left and we're done! Can you believe it? We brewed a potion without having it blown in our faces!" Scorpius joked at Albus, but Albus seemed too distant to hear his bestfriend's joke.

Scorpius frowned. He waved his free hand infront of his bestfriend's face to gain his attention. "Earth to Albus, Earth to Albus, Oi! Mate!"

Albus looked a bit startled when he finally noticed Scorpius. "What? What happened?" He asked, confused.

Scorpius frowned. "Are you alright? I asked you to pass the roses but you didn't budge. I even made a joke about our potion but you didn't laugh. Are you okay?" he asked once more.

"Oh," was the only thing Albus managed to say. "Sorry about that. I was busy thinking of something."

Albus reached for the roses not caring which one he grabbed. He's too busy talking to Scorpius to notice.

"Here," he said, handing the white roses to Scorpius.

Scorpius, who's too worried to notice as well, accepted the roses and drop them down the potion. The potion quickly changed color. It went from dark brown to smooth purple.

"Right," Scorpius replied.

He knew that his bestfriend is not entirely telling the truth to him. It hurts to know that your bestfriend is keeping secrets from you, but Scorpius knows that Albus would tell him. Sooner or later.

"I'd still love to hear your joke out," Albus said.

Scorpius shook his head. "Nah, jokes don't usually come as funny when you repeat them. I'll tell you another time," Scorpius smiled.

Albus nodded, agreeing along with Scorpius. After a few more stirs, the potion turned into a bright purple color. Almost neon. The book said that the potion would turn something bright when done. Though it didn't say which specific color.

"Viola!" Scorpius said pleased with himself.

Both he and Albus shared matching grins. "C'mon, we're going to drink this potion and have a peak to the past!"

Albus grabbed two viles and filled them with their own-made potion. He handed Scorpius his share which Scorpius immediately accepted.

"To peak to the past," Albus said with a grin.

"To peak to the past," Scorpius copied.

They cheered with their viles as if it's some kind of wine then put it up their mouths.

Once they finished the potion, they immediately feel funny and dizzy. Both boys are struggling to keep their balance and both are desperately trying to stay awake, but it can't be helped.

Albus can feel his eyelids going heavier and heavier until he finally give in. The last thing he saw is Slughorn's horrified face that is coming and rushing to them.

After that he saw nothing but pitch black and he can feel himself falling to Merlin knows where.