chapter 4: creepy new guy

^^emma's mum and step dad ^^

I woke up and was lying on a floor with blankets over me when I heard my phone, I answered.

"hello?" I yawned as I had just woken up

"is this Emma Rose" she asked me

"yeah" I replied

Ok, this is Annie from lakeshore hospital your mother is in the intensive care unit we would like you to come in" she said

"ok" I said not surprised thinking that it was just another small overdose.

I got up and got my bag I ran out of the hotel as fast I could. I noticed the guy who bought me in staring at me so I just put my head down and ran I should of said thank you or something but I just kept on running with my head down then got on the first tram to the hospital. When I got there I saw her. my mum in a bed unconscious bruises up and down her arm and face all over her body.

"hey, Emma" nurse Kate said to me. I have known Kate since the first time I bought mum into the hospital I was nine and had driven the car down to the hospital because she tried to hang herself because of Alex. Talking about him where is he.

"hey" I replied, giving her a hug. "so what is it this time" I followed with.

"Emma you may want to sit for this one" as she said that I went backwards and sat on the dark blue chairs that where in rows of four down the hallway.

" Emma your mum has had a stroke and I don't think she is going to make it" I looked into the glass window and saw her face I stormed up pushed the doors open and screamed "why now, why when I need you the most...." I felt doctors try and grab me and try to pull me away but I refused and thats when I whispered it to myself "why when I'm pregnant".

Once I had exited the room and cooled the tiniest bit I looked for my phone in my bag. It wasn't there I must of left it at the hotel.

I went up to one of the staff and asked if I could use there phone I had to call him I couldn't stop crying and he was the only one who could calm me down I didn't care if he used me so he could get into my panties I had to see him I had to hear his voice.

I held the phone up to my ear

"hello" stephan said over the phone

"hey stephan, its Emma" I said

"Emma, where are you, where have you been" he asked.

I explained almost everything to him, I asked him to meet at the hospital and he agreed.

The next thing I knew was Alex walking through the doors of the ER reception the first thing he said was "Emma darling where is she" the police where waiting for him he tried to run but he didn't make it. Once he was cuffed I asked the to stop I looked him in the eye and said "you did this, you did this to her" he left with a smirk on her face.

"Emma...Emma" I heard a voice call it was stephan it had to be

"stephan" I yelled back

He saw me and he ran up to me picked me up off the floor and hugged me.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what I was thinking I was so upset that you just left without a goodbye and...."

I interrupted him with "i need to talk to you alone"

"ok, sure" he said.

We sat in a room that small and quiet "look, I left because that wasn't meant to happen. I'm not saying that it didn't mean anything I... just, its wrong. we, are wrong" I said

He lifted his hand up to my hip "does this feel wrong" he said, then the other hand to my cheek "does this feel wrong" as he pulls my head in and kissed me gently "does this feel wrong, me and Rebecca where wrong what we have isn't.

I kissed him I was helplessly in love with him but scared he was going to break my heart again. I left him standing there as I went to see Kate

" turn it off" I said

"what?" she asked

"turn off her life support" I replied. stephan came up behind me and grabbed my hand.

"are you sure Emma" she asked one more time

I nodded. I squeezed Stephan's hand hard and took a deep breath, the sound of a long lingering beep struck my ears and tears fell down my cheeks stephan wiped them off and kissed my cheek, I snuggled into his arms and remembered how safe I felt in them.

After a long night of tears and paperwork I still had to go to the hotel and get my phone. Stephan offered to take me home I was going to be alone so invited him over. I told him about the whole hotel, cute guy thing and that nothing happened between us. But I may have left my phone there. He agreed to go and get it with me. The drive was full of joyful music trying to cheer me up, he got a few smiles I guess. We parked in the laneway that I was in I looked there two and explained how the hot guy found me there he didn't like that word. I thought it was cute when he gets jealous that someone might be cuter than him. We walked across the street to the hotel "ill wait outside" he said. I nodded and gave him a peck on the cheek. I walked up the stair in through the doors. I went straight into the room I was in last night and I couldn't find it I looked under the blankets everywhere. I went to reception and asked if a phone was found they shook there head. I must of left it on the tram.

I went outside and said to stephan "ill have to buy a new one"

"Emma" I heard from behind me.

"hi, your the guy from the other night right" I asked

"yeah" he said

"oh..umm thank you for everything by the way. And have you seen my phone" I said back to him.

"uh...yeah its here I was waiting for you to come back for it" he said handing me my phone.

"thank you again, for everything" I said running across the street to the car where stephan was waiting. he grabbed me and kissed me all over my chest, neck and mouth. We got in the car and made our way to his house first so we could get some things. I cant get that other out of my head how creepy I mean he did kind of help me and I'm grateful but still a bit creeped out.