you could never love me chapter 2

It was first period and Stephan had come sit next to me, I gave him a weird look so did Mitch.

" what are you doing?" I asked him.

" sitting" he replied.

" yeah, but why?" I questioned him.

" because, Is that ok?" He replied.

I shrugged and continued to do my homework.

" What are you doing?" He asked me.

" you talk a lot don't you" I stated.

He popped his head over my shoulders peering his eyes onto my papers.

" homework. Huh."

I said nothing.

" here" he said handing me a bunch of paper.

" no thanks" I said back to him. Slightly pushing the papers back towards him.

" take it" he demanded.

" isn't that cheating though" I stated.

" not if your helping a friend" he smiled.

I think I blushed but I just turned my head so no one would see anyway. Why was I acting like this?

" Just take it" he demanded yet again, trying to see my face because I had it covered.

As the teacher walked in he slid over to me and went to go sit next to Rebecca.

Why was he doing this for me, why was he being so nice?

Maths was over and had done the homework, well more like copied and put it In my own words. I handed it to the teacher, She looked impressed. I smiled at her and went to English. I snuck by Stephan's table.

"thanks" I murmured handing him the papers.

He smiled, butterflies flapped around my stomach. We stared into each others eyes for a split second, But then I snapped out of it and walked away. What was I thinking. Was that creepy I thought to my self. I didn't want to be friends with him or I would tell him my secret and I most definitely did not want to date because then I would have to tell him my secret. Ugh. What was I going to do?

I sat under the oak tree at lunch again not knowing what to do because I didn't have any homework left to do. So I gabbed out a book called Room and started to read it. It got really interesting, maybe to interested because when it was time to go to class I didn't even hear the bell. I must have stayed there the whole hour because I had finished the book and stood up realizing what time it was. shit. My mouth dropped.

" you ok" I heard a voice say. Of course it was Stephen.

" Yeah just realized the time" I replied.

" want a lift" he asked.

"ill walk".

"come on".

" No"

"please"

"no" I said no more than one hundred times but he still went on.

Then I said " fine, but you promise you wont nag me anymore"

" No" was he's reply.

I rolled my eyes and followed him to his he car. When Rebecca saw us together she gave me the biggest death stare. I got in his car and put my belt on.

"where do you live" he asked.

"huh. Oh lake shore flats."i replied.

" Really I live just down the street from there" he explained.

The ride was silent, Then he asked me a question "why do you push people away?"

"excuse me?" I said

" I have known you for not even two days and I know that you push people away." He said.

I paused. Is it that obvious. That I push people away.

" I don't know" I said back to him.

The rest of the ride was just talking about things and laughing. I was happy for once. I actually felt safe, around him. I think I did since I don't even know what safe is.

As we got to my flats I got out of the car and thanked him.

As he pulled put of the car park I watched him go down the road until the car had faded from sight. I took a deep breath and went inside. Alex was at the door,

" where have you been" he asked in a violent way.

"school" I said.

"well" "did you get it?" he asked me.

"Get what" I asked him back.

" The money" he said

" For what?" I asked him.

" The guy you just saw" he replied.

He didn't see that. Did he.

" I know you guys did something" "so did you get money" he asked me again.

"Alex where just friends nothing happened" I said as I went to walk upstairs.

"Fine you wont pay in that way then give it to me another way" he said slowly walking up the stairs moving his hand up my thigh.

As I kicked him in the gut and quickly ran up the stairs and shut the door behind me. I could feel it being pushed on. As fear took over my body my hands started shaking and tears fell down my cheeks. Thats when I heard Stephan call out my name. I didn't think and ran as fast as I could to the window I heard the door slam open as I ran, I jumped out the window onto the hard concrete.

" Emma, what, are you ok?" "are you hurt?" He said in a worried voice.

" Yes " I replied getting up off the carpark floor.

As I heard Alex voice scream my name I made a rational decision.

" Get in the car" I whimpered

" What?" He said

"help me get in the car. Quick!" I whimpered again.

As he got me up fully I felt the pain rush through my body starting from my head all the way down my body to my toes. We got in the car and Alex yelled "STOP!" " Emma you better get out of that car now"

"go" I whispered.

" What, and run him over." He said

"please just go" I sobbed.

As Alex approached the car Stephan stood on the gas peddle went up the sidewalk and around him. I turned my head trying my hardest not to cry but just the look on Stephan's face made me upset he looked worried and scared. What had I bought him into.

As I felt my body being lifted gently from the car my eyes fluttered open slowly and I realized that it was Stephan. My eyes where so heavy and my body so weak I couldn't even say a word, I just wrapped my arms around his neck and closed my eyes and fell back asleep.

When I woke up the room was filled with darkness except for a slither coming through a crack in the door, I looked out the window and noticed it was night time. I must not have slept that long. I lifted my head off the pillow and felt the pain Rushed through my body worse than before. I stepped over what I assumed was clothing and made my way towards the slither of light in the crack, once I had stopped I felt around for a light switch but couldn't find one so I searched for a door knob instead. Once I had found it I turned it to the right and walked out. The walls where white and the carpet was a soft grey color. I walked down a hallway to a set of stairs, I grabbed on to the rail and slowly let myself down. I had made it down the stairs and into a living area where Stephan was eating food and watching T.V. I tried to walk to the door and let my self out by I must of collapsed because the next time I woke up I woke up on the couch in his arms. I don't know what came over me but, I stayed there. I felt safe in his arms and plus I could barley even walk.