22 - taeyong (2)

~~~~

requested : kpoptr4sh
very slight angst + fluff
3 parts

~~~~

[ 3rd person pov ]

It had been a few months since Taeyong and Misoo's breakup. After listening to what Angie had said, Taeyong decided to move on from his 'first love'.

During those few months, Taeyong found out the reason as to why they broke up. Apparently, from unknown resources, they found out that while Misoo was dating Taeyong, she was at the same time cheating on him, with another guy who we shall not name.

It didn't really matter to Taeyong anymore though, considering that his feelings for her had already faded to nothing. And right now, he had someone else on his mind.

~~~~

Prom was coming up, and Taeyong decided to tell his friends who he planned on asking. It didn't come as a surprise to them though, they figured that Taeyong was going to ask her out soon enough.

"Do you really think Angie will agree though? I mean, isn't she the 'stay at home on prom night' sort of type?" Ten asked as he kept his eyes glued on his phone, concentrated on the game that he was playing.

"well I mean, it's worth a shot, isn't it? Even if she did reject me, I'd probably just not go as well and have a sleepover at her house or something" Taeyong said as he shrugged.

"whatever you say, man" Ten mumbled as he continued to play his game.

Jaehyun who couldn't be bothered with their conversation just sat next to Ten, watching him play his game intently.

Taeyong sighed as he slouched back into the couch, looking down at his phone as he nervously bit his bottom lip.

Well, it's now or never

He thought as he unlocked his phone, admiring his wallpaper of him and Angie for a moment before dialing her number.

He waited for what seemed like forever when finally she picked up, and a soft "hello" could be heard from through the phone.

He smiled to himself, knowing that he looked like a complete idiot just for smiling over a girl who said hello to him, and through a phone at that.

But this girl was special. This girl had stayed by his side through everything. And he loved her.

For a while, Taeyong just sat there, smiling to himself while Angie was on the other side, confused as to why he wasn't answering her.

"uhm hello?" she said again, expecting an answer from him this time.

Suddenly, Taeyong froze as he felt his heart rate speed up. He suddenly felt really nervous after hearing Angie's voice. He placed a hand over his chest as he stuttered out nervously.

"o-oh! h-hey Angie!" he said, laughing nervously, making Ten and Jaehyun look at him in confusion.

Since when had he ever been so nervous around a girl? He was never that nervous, even around Misoo.

Jaehyun and Ten looked back at each other and smiled.

"well, maybe Angie can make him move on from the past" Jaehyun said as Ten nodded in agreement.

"hey so uh why did you call for?" she asked softly.

Taeyong felt weird inside, he had a sudden feeling that maybe now wasn't the best time to ask her.

I mean, I'm not really chickening out, I just think that maybe I should make this more romantic for her...yea that's it!

"oh uh, I just wanted to check on you! y-your mom said that you haven't been feeling well lately so I wanted to know if you're alright!" Taeyong mumbled.

"oh yeah, I've just caught a cold recently, but thanks for checking up on me, I appreciate it!"

"y-you're welcome!"

"well if that's all then I'll get going Tae, see you soon!" she said as she hung up a few moments later.

Taeyong threw his phone next to him and sighed.

Since when did Angie make me so nervous?

He asked himself as he closed his eyes for a moment before being startled by Ten.

"Dude! What was that? I thought you said that you were gonna go for it today!? Why'd you chicken out last minute?" Ten exclaimed, flailing his arms in the air a little.

"I didn't chicken out! I-I just thought that I should make it more romantic for her!" Taeyong said back as his eyes darted around nervously.

"pfft as if! I know you better than that Tae, come on, you can't trick me" Ten said as he squinted his eyes at Taeyong, who was laughing nervously.

"ugh fine, yea I chickened out. so what! She probably wouldn't go with me even if I asked" Taeyong said as he sighed, looking down at the ground.

Ten just looked at Taeyong in disbelief. Angie obviously liked him. Could someone be any more dense than he is?

"dude, you've gotta be kidding me! Angie obviously likes you and is waiting for you! Just go for it!" Ten said in exasperation.

These two just need a little push in the right direction.

Ten thought to himself as he smiled, patting Taeyong's back

"well, if you really did want to make it more romantic for her, then let's get planning! We don't wanna waste any time"

Ten said as he ruffled Taeyong's hair, earning a small whine from him.

Taeyong looked towards Jaehyun as Jaehyun smiled at him. Taeyong smiled back.

He was glad he had such amazing friends who would help him no matter what.

~~~~

skdhdh this update took forever oh gOsH,, I got stuck for so long hahah :< and I may or may not write about the prom proposal, it might get too long idk,, well if you want me to write it just say so, I'd love your opinions on this :> anyway, here's a gif of Taeyong that'll hopefully bless your eyes

them lips tho💘

~kimchi