30 - winwin (1)

~~~~

requested
slight angst + fluff ending
? parts

~~~~

[ 2nd person pov ]

"No, please, I beg you, mother. I'll do better, I promise. Please, just don't send me away." you pleaded, tears threatening to fall from your eyes.

Your mother glared at you, eyes filled with disappointment.

"You worthless, pathetic eyesore. If only I didn't have you, then the family name would not have been tarnished. I should've sent you to that school ages ago." your mother spat, voice filled with revolt as she walked away, the sound of her heels echoing throughout the hallway.

You fell to your knees, a chill running down your spine as your legs came into contact with the cold marble floor. You could feel judgemental stares and hear whispers from the maids and knights surrounding the area, but that was the least of your concerns.

Right now, you were sure that your mother was going to send you to the boarding school. You thought that being an obedient daughter would have been enough, but you were proved wrong. Whether you were obedient or not, it never made a difference, especially not to your mother. You were talentless, and nothing could change that fact.

Your hands clenched into fists at the thought of the notorious boarding school , Xehavire institute , known throughout the kingdom of Selenia for producing well-polished, late blooming students. However, only the best of the best could survive. For those who are weak willed , hell awaits. You shuddered at the thought as you hugged yourself , tears finally rolling down your cheeks.

In the magical kingdom of Selenia lived 4 rich and important families. The Regulus family, the Flavian family, the Cain family and the Thespia family. All 4 families had rivalries with one another, refusing to co-operate for the better of the kingdom. They often held magic battles to see which family was the best. Every year, each family sends in 4 representatives for each of the four core elements, fire, water, earth, and wind. Each representative had to be a a new participant, one who has never entered before, from the ages of 16 and up.

The magic games, after being held for a few decades, turned into an official competition where the people of the kingdom of Selenia gather to watch intruiging battles.

This year, your mother wanted to enter your three older brothers and you into the competition. Wizards and witches learn of their elemental power at the age of 10, giving participants 6 whole years to train. However, in extremely rare cases, certain young ones only learn of their new powers later on. It is not known how or why but it'll come when one is ready.

Coming from the Cain family, a family full of well-known wizards and witches, you were expected to get your powers at the ripe age of 10. However, as the years flew past, you never got them. Your mother, being extremely disappointed, threw you to the side, and only focused on your three elder brothers.

Due to this, you were sure your mother was going to send you to the boarding school. You were definitely not ready for what was to come but you decided that it was better to train with teachers and trained coaches, and return home strong to make your mother and family proud, rather than to keep disappointing everyone. You sighed yet again, as you entered your quarters. You were about to lay down when you heard a creak come from the other side of the room.