24 - renjun x haechan

~~~~

requested
angst
1 part

~~~~

[ 3rd person pov ]

Love had never been an easy thing, especially for Renjun. He often found himself heartbroken, pushed to the side like he was nothing. He swore to never fall in love again. But then he met him. The man of his dreams. His name was Donghyuck and although not the sweetest, he treated Renjun like he was important. For once he felt loved, and that was all he needed. He got teased a bit daily but he didn't mind, he knew how Donghyuck was.

When they first met, Renjun was still recovering from a recent breakup. They had a class together and Renjun was too deep in thoughts, he didn't even hear the other male come up to him. Donghyuck saw that Renjun looked upset so he approached him in hopes of cheering someone up. Renjun was annoyed at first but when he realized Donghyuck was trying to help,  he let loose a little. He didn't want to trust this stranger so easily bu before he knew it, he was falling for him. He hadn't expected himself to fall for someone so easily. He saw Donghyuck's smile for the first time and he thought he was dreaming. How could someone's smile be so bright and...warm? He didn't know. But they ended up exchanging numbers, meeting up often as both liked each other's presence. Renjun was happy he had a friend to rely on now.

They stayed friends for a while before, to Renjun's disbelief, Donghyuck confessed. Renjun was touched but at the same time confused and scared. He wanted to trust Donghyuck but he didn't know what to do, so he asked him if he could wait. And of course, Donghyuck was okay with it. He had fallen for Renjun and a little waiting wouldn't change anything about his feelings if they remained close. 

A few months passed, Renjun was finally ready. He put his heart and soul into confessing and was relieved when Donghyuck said that he still loved him. They started going out and Renjun couldn't be happier. They both loved each other immensely and he thought he had finally found the one. They graduated together and years passed. Then, they got married on 17 June, the most important day to him.

Renjun was happily in love, yet at the same time too naive and oblivious. He thought that he could trust Donghyuck and failed to see what his beloved partner was doing behind his back. It wasn't until Donghyuck stopped coming home for months at a time did he realize. However, he was still very much in love with him and didn't want to leave him. So he suffered. He suffered alone for 2 whole years. 

Somewhere in between, he contracted a long term illness. 

However, he didn't have the money nor the means to get the treatment he needed. Even if he did, he would've refused. He didn't want Donghyuck to find out. He didn't have close friends either. Upon realizing this, his doctor, Jaemin, greatly worried about him. However, no matter how many times Jaemin pleaded him, he wouldn't budge.

That now brings us to the present, Renjun sobbing under the sheets. He was in pain, both physically and mentally. But nobody was there for him. Suddenly, the sound of the front door unlocking filled his ears. 

He knew that could only be one person.

Donghyuck.

But why was he suddenly back after 5 months? Renjun didn't know but he didn't want Donghyuck to find out anything about him either. Ignoring the excruciating pain and wiping his tears away, he made his way out of the bedroom to greet Donghyuck. Although, he definitely didn't expect to be met with a drunk one.