|18| I AM DEAD! I HAVE DECEASED!

Christmas has always been a bittersweet time of year for me. I loved it because, well... it's Christmas, and Christmas is freaking awesome! But the holidays also tend to make me unusually sad because it was around this time three years ago that my mum passed away. It just hurt knowing that she wouldn't be there. But then again, I was absolutely ecstatic because I got to see my dad (or Wally, as Sirius so lovingly refers to him) and spend time at home with him, but even that made me sad because it would remind me how Sirius had to go back home with his evil parents.

You see my issue? Lots and lots of angsty emotions with bits of holiday cheer sprinkled in.

This year, all of our friend group decided to go home for the break, well James technically wasn't going home, he was going to Romania to visit some distant cousin of his that was a dragon trainer or dragon poo shoveler or something... Honestly, I'm not really sure. I kind of stopped paying attention when he told me because Sirius was changing into his Quidditch practice shirt. But I knew it definitely had to do with dragons and Romania.

Anyway, the train ride back was just the same as always. I hang out with the boys, we sneak around to prank Snivellus and Benny (we charmed goo in their shoes), James stalks Lily, Lily turns red and gets mad that James stalked Lily, we accidentally spot Alice and Frank making out, we run into Dorcas Meadows. Wait. No, that last one wasn't normal.

I hadn't said anything about spotting Remus and Dorcas the night before (which was physically killing me), deciding that it might be more fun to watch them try to be sneaky.

We Marauders were walking back to our compartment, well Remus, Sirius, and I were dragging James who was putting up quite a fight trying to get back to Lily, when we spotted a certain pretty Hufflepuff named Dorcas holding her black cat, trying to decide what sweet she wanted from the trolly lady.

She really was very pretty, she had naturally glossy brown hair I could only dream of possessing, big emerald green eyes, and a truly infectious smile that somehow had the ability to make you feel at ease, something I know Moony needed in his life.

"Hey Dorcas!" Sirius said waving to the brunette girl who held onto her cat a bit tighter. I'm fairly certain she never completely forgave him for turning her cat, Elvendork, into a multicolored poodle that one time. In Sirius's defense, he did turn it back into a cat afterwords... though its meows have sounded a bit bark-like ever since...

"Hey Sirius! Um... hi Remus," she said shyly blushing a bit and tucking her glossy brown hair behind her ear. I glanced up at my werewolf friend to see him looking at Dorcas like she was the most loviest thing he'd ever seen, then I violently elbowed him in the ribs.

"Ow.. oh! Uh hey Dory!" He said ruffling the back of his hair with a lopsided smile. It seems James's bad habits rub off on everyone. Also, can we take a moment to appreciate how stinking cute his nickname is for her! I wonder what their ship name should be... Demus? Doony? Rorcas? Decisions decisions....

I gave a smug smile looking between the two love struck teenagers.

"Um.. Sirius, James, I need you two to uh.. come help me with something." I say, trying and failing to act natural. "I uh.. lost Sirius's cat.."

"What about Rem— Ouch! EL! Sirius doesn't even— Ow! Would you please—ow! Stop stepping on my—"

"See you later Moons!" I say trying to cut off James before he says anything to make the situation more awkward. I swear he is the most oblivious person on the planet. I sincerely hope when he and Lily have kids that they inherit Lily's social awareness.