|4| Ouch

It had been a couple weeks since the whole 'Noah Bletchley drama'. I hadn't spoken to him since he bailed on me, not that I was complaining. Turns out, he really was a git. However, I would soon be faceing off against him on the quidditch pitch.

"WELCOME TO WHAT IS SURE TO BE AN EXCELLENT MATCH!! GRYFFINDOR VERSES RAVENCLAW!!" boomed Hufflepuff, Brittany Daniels, from the announcers box.

"Time to introduce the Gryffindors! They have a stellar team this year! Sirius Black as Keeper— James Potter, Milo McGonagall, and Frank Longbottom as Chasers—Beaters Lacy McGraw as captain and Samuel Jordan— oh he sure is a handsome one that boy... OI, I'M FREE THIS WEEKEND JORDAN!!"

"Daniels!" Scolded Professor McGonagall. I grinned when Sam Jordan blew a kiss toward the announcers box. Ah, young love...

"Sorry Professor!— and finally, Elizabeth Greengrass as Seeker sporting her trademark French braids! LOOKIN GOOD GREENGRASS! TEACH ME YOUR WAYS! "

'Ooo I like this girl.' I thought

"DANIELS!"

"— And here come the Ravenclaws! Captain, Chaser, AND COMPLETE AND UTTER GIT—"

"DANIELS! I'm warning you!"

"—Noah Bletchley! "

The commentary rang on as we took our places on pitch.

"THE QUAFFLE IS RELEASED AND THE GAME BEGINS!"

I watched as Noah tried to score against Sirius... not wise. Sirius caught the ball and threw it back hitting Noah square in the face, almost knocking him off his broom. I tried feebly to contain my laughter, earning a grin from Padfoot and a scowl from Noah.

I sat perched high above the action for a long while looking for the glimmer of gold. Occasionally, I would chase after nothing in particular just to confuse the other seeker, Gabriella Herring. She didn't seem to appreciate it very much. We've never been on very good terms. Merlin's eyebrow, you charm someone's cat pink once and suddenly you're public enemy number one...

Suddenly, I saw a flash of gold near the Gryffindor goal post. I raced toward the opposite end of the pitch waiting for Gabriella to follow. She did. You know, for a Ravenclaw, she's really not very bright... much too gullible. This is how you end up with a pink cats missy!

Once I was sure she was following me, I spun so fast that gullible Gabby didn't even have time to react before flying headfirst into the stands. I raced back, praying that the little bugger was still there.

It was.

I looped to avoid a bludger, weaved my way through the blue and scarlet clad chasers, reached out my hand and felt as my palm grasped around the pesky little golden snitch. I looked up to where Sirius was guarding the goal posts, smiling wide showing the gleaming snitch in my hand. I expected him to be excited, but the look on his face was pure terror.

"ELLIE WATCH OUT!" he screamed. I turned around to see a bludger headed straight for my head. I didn't have time to react before it made impact.

The last two things I remember seeing before the world went dark was the terrified look on Sirius's face, and Ravenclaw chaser, Tommy Selwyn, holding a beaters bat.

***

Ouch.

I had the worst headache of my entire life. My eyes were closed, but I could hear voices, and could tell I was in a somewhat comfortable bed, though not as comfortable as Sirius's...

"I swear prongs, I'm going kill Tommy. But first I'm going to torture him. I'm going to throw him in a cage with my wicked mother, a blast-ended skrewt, and a vat of..." said a very passionate Sirius just before being shushed.