|8| Don't Ruin The Moment You Idiot!

Now, you may be asking yourself, 'why would she turn into a cat when the boy she likes is trying to kiss her?!' It's a valid question. It's also the exact same question I'm sure Sirius was asking himself in the moment, and it sure as hell was the question Lily Evans asked when I begrudgingly recounted the dramatic events of the previous day to her the following morning.

Sunday Morning

"Lily I told you, I panicked!" I say hiding my face in shame. Lily and I were sitting in the girls dorm alone, I had a pillow to my chest and a bright red tinge to my face.

Lily started flailing her arms in the air, never a good sign. "Ellie!" she exclaimed before collecting herself. "Okay, so he tries to kiss you—you stupidly turn into a freaking cat—what happened next? What did he do? What did you do?" She asks quickly.

Saturday Afternoon

"What the..." Sirius says as he realizes he's about half a centimeter away from kissing a furry little feline.

I sat there shocked for a moment, taking in his stupid handsome, albeit currently bewildered, face. Yes, his eyes are beautiful, grey with little flecks of blue, but he also has those stupid long thick eye lashes that make his puppy-dog pout that much more effective. I scan down his face past his perfectly shaped nose and cheekbones, to his stupid pouty lips. He has a little scar on his bottom lip over to the left that's hard to see if you don't know it's there. He got it after a particularly painful punishment from Walburga Black over Christmas Holidays our third year.

I quickly snap out of my creepy staring session and begin to wiggle out of his arms. I ran out the dorm, down the stairs, and through the common room, tripping Milo McGonagall in the process. Oops.

"Good Godric!" exclaimed James as I galloped full force toward where he was sitting with Remus, presumably talking about me and Sirius. Ignored his indignant look of confusion and started pulling on the hem of Remus's trousers with my teeth to get him to open the damn portrait hole... you know because I was still a freaking cat.

Eventually, he and James got the hint and hastily walk toward the portrait hole and follow me outside. I could hear Sirius running to catch up. I picked up the pace once I was outside and ran as fast as my cute little padded paws would take me toward the Black Lake. I then quickly climbed up my favorite beech tree where I stayed until it started to get dark and the boys finally headed back to the castle. Well.. Remus and James went to the castle. Sirius turned into Padfoot.

It wasn't long after they left that I got tired and climbed down. At least if we were both animals I wouldn't have to talk to him. The black dog was curled into a ball at the base of the tree, so I did the only logical thing I could think of and snuggled up beside his warm canine chest.

I'm not sure how it happened, but the next thing I know I was being carried into the castle, still in cat form, by a very human and very sleepy Sirius Black. He carried me all the way up to Gryffindor Tower before setting me down at the girls stairs.

I hopped back into his arms, but he set me down again looking forlorn. I hated seeing him like that.

I knew it was my fault. I probably humiliated him. But honestly, that was never my intention. I had never kissed anyone before, and there I was about to be smooched, only a couple of hours after both realizing I fancied my best friend and seeing him kiss another girl. I couldn't do it. I didn't want it to be like that. Also, it honestly felt so surreal that I just panicked. I did the only thing I could think of to stall and give myself time to figure out what the hell was happening. It was all too much! I didn't know what things would be like now, and that scared me.

However, I was absolutely sure that I liked him. Actually, if we're being honest, I was absolutely sure I loved him. Extreme? Yes, but true.

So, with this information in mind, I ran between the forlorn Sirius's legs and straight up to the boys dorm. He followed, suspiciously. He opened the door and I jumped onto the foot of his bed, curled into a ball and waited for him to join me.

Of course he had to be chivalrous and began to lay down on the floor. I got up and grabbed a chunk of his shirt sleeve with my teeth and dragged him up to the bed. Again he followed, suspiciously. He laid down and I snuggled into his warm chest, still as a cat, and we fell asleep. Sometime, late in the night I turned back into human Ellie, still wrapped up safely in his arms with my head on his chest.

It was early next morning when I awoke with my head still snuggled into his chest, legs intertwined. The other boys were still asleep, but Sirius was awake softly playing with my hair in a way that gave me butterflies, smiling softly down at me. I smiled back at him.

"El, I'm so sorr-" he began to whisper. Don't ruin the moment you idiot!

I shushed him raising a finger to his lips. He kissed my finger then intertwined my hand in his hand that wasn't playing with my hair, and we fell asleep again.

Later, when he was definitely asleep, I slipped out of his arms and went to the girls dorm to get ready for breakfast.

It was nearing the end of breakfast that Sunday, so it was only me and lily in the dorm. She took one look at me and I knew that James and Remus had filled her in on something.

"Explain. Now." she said firmly, giving her signature 'Lily Evans Truth Telling Glare'.

So that bring us full circle.

After I explained to her what happened between me turning into my animagus and showing up in the dorm that morning she just kinda looked at me for a while.

"Lily?" I asked quietly looking down at the pillow in my arms. "What do I do?" I asked, voice cracking.

"You need to talk to Sirius." she said simply.

I was afraid she would say that.