|1| Hot Chocolate

I stood behind the locked door in a dark and empty room, breath heavy, and straining to hear just outside in the abandoned hallway.

"Come out, come out, where ever you are..." a voice taunted.

With every footstep echoing closer, my heart began to beat more violently within my chest.

They were coming for me.

The footsteps stopped just outside the door and I knew I had to hide, so I pushed myself into the darkest corner I could find as quietly as possible, praying they wouldn't hear my frantic heartbeat.

The voice mumbled some words I couldn't make out, and then the old wooden door to the classroom creaked open, allowing a dark figure to pad their way through the empty room searching for any sign of life. Searching for me.

I held my breath when the footsteps came closer.

It was my last hope.

"Ah ha! Found you!" said the voice in a triumphant tone, grinning and throwing a fist in the air.

"Ugh! Padfoot! How on earth did you find me here?" I whined, crawling out of hiding and squinting at the wandlight in my eyes. "You know it's against the rules to use the map!" I said, waggling a particularly feisty finger at him. Bloody cheater.

"You know I don't care about the bloody rules—but Prongs has it anyways, remember?" he said cooly.

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest in disgruntlement and mutter an 'oh yeah'.

Then I pouted.

He still cheated somehow. I was sure of it.

"Oh c'mon! Let's go find the others!" He ran a hand through his dark hair then reached out to help me up. I was hesitant, mostly because I was bitter that he found me, but eventually accepted his help. Once I was successfully up off the ground, we walk together through the empty halls to find our other sneaky friends.

"You have the cloak don't you..." I said. It was more of a statement than a question. I knew he had to have followed me. My hiding spot was way too brilliant for him to find me that easily. I could see the corners of his mouth twitch, but he didn't reply. "Oh come on Pads, just admit it! You already found me!" I complained. Stubborn mutt still wasn't budging. "I want to use it to prank the others," I tried in a lower voice.

His looked down to me, eyes twinkling with mischief and his mouth tilting into a smirk. "I like the way you think, Snugs," he said as he pulled the silvery cloak out of his pocket and draped it over the both of us.

Ha! I knew it!

We walked along the corridors to one of our most frequently used hiding spots: a hidden room behind a painting of a group of wizards at a birthday party. Once we were close enough to the painting, we could hear muffled voices bickering.

Always a good sign.

We slowly and silently slipped into the room, unnoticed by the two quarreling persons within.

"Potter. You are absolutely insufferable! I was doing perfectly fine hiding on my own—Why can't you just leave me alone for one night!"

"Oh stop it Evans! You know you love the attention! Besides I was just trying to help!"

Even in the dimly lit room, I could see the red headed girl's face begin to blush. "By stalking me!?" she fumed, hands flailing in the air.

"Stalking you? Stalking you?!" he cried out incredulously. "I was not stalking you—!"

"Oh then what would you call it?!"