Chapter 33 (Filler)

Start from the beginning

She chuckles at imagining everyone's mixed reactions of shocked, scared and excited for if Luffy announced that they're going on an other-worldly adventure. "Maybe someday..."

She shakes her head at the hopeful possibility of the crew travelling the worlds together, as she reaches the base of the beanstalk, and finds the two-pronged spear lying on the ground.

As she lands on the ground and grabs the golden weapon, she can't help but think of how even if she's confident enough to pull off a round trip, she wouldn't try going back to New York. With that in mind, she comes to a decision on what her first official experiment will be. *I wonder how everyone in that city is doing...*

She quietly sighs to herself as she flies to the ship with her loot, and mentally prepares for the experiment with thoughts of the friends that she left behind.

*****************************************************************

Just after the Timore comet flew past New York City, news reports and eye witnesses of the beautiful comet was all that everyone's been talking about. However, it only took a week for the news reports and gossip to die down, and start to be forgotten by most. All except for the owners of a small pizza restaurant that a missing girl used to work at.

A poster with Rose's picture on it, that has a message below it that says, 'Have you seen me?', is taped on the glass window in hopes for anyone to give the owners some news, but with no luck.

Timothy sadly sighs to himself as he wipes the counter in the empty restaurant and adjusts his glasses as he looks at the window, where another picture is taped on the window to the inside the restaurant. "Did you really do it? You said you didn't figure out how to leave yet..."

He's only met with silence as his mother walks out of the kitchen with a small bin of grated cheese in her hands. When the middle-aged woman sees what her son is staring at, she softly glances at the photo before she puts on a brave face and puts the cheese in the toppings section of the counter. "If you're going to just stare at the picture, then I'll take it down."

The slightly chubby boy snaps out of it from the comment and narrows his brown eyes at her. "How can you say that?! Aren't you worried at all?! She could be getting chased down by titans for all we know!"

Naomi rolls her eyes at his claim as she looks to see what other toppings they need out front. "For the last time, she didn't disappear to another world. She just ran away."

He grows irritated at her denial as he points to the picture. "You know the timing's too perfect for it to be anything but disappearing! And she has no reason to run away from her family!"

*If only you knew...* She bites back her desire to tell him about Rose's abuse from her foster family, to make sure he doesn't kill them, and heads back to the kitchen. "Think what you want, but we've had employees run away before, and this isn't different. I'm giving those pictures one more week before they go down, are we clear?"

"Crystal..." He pouts to his mother's coldness as he gets back to work while Naomi goes back to the kitchen.

The skinny woman only looks ahead as she zips through the kitchen and goes into the back office. Once she shuts the door behind her, she goes to the computer on her desk. She grits her teeth as she searches through her desktop files until she finds one that's titled 'Rose's conversations'.

Ever since she learned of Rose's foster family, she's made sure to speak to the teenage girl about the abuse where the security cameras can record them. That way, when she was no longer in the foster care system, she could get her justice. But now that she's gone, no matter what the reason, Naomi has no reason to keep this a secret.