Chapter 13

“Oh Love, Liam’s,” Louis paused, “Alive?”. For the first time, Louis wasn’t grinning, or smirking.

“What’s wrong with him?”, I sighed, getting ready for the bad news to make my morning worse.

“Well, the doctor said that the surgery was successful,” Louis sighed, “Liam’s going to be out for no more than one week, so it’s definitely not coma. I’ll come pick you up after school, just drop me a text,” Louis said, driving to the parking lot.

“Thanks,” I mumbled, heading out. I give him one last wave before racing to the stairs.

I gently shut the door to my dorm, not wanting to wake my roommates. I leaned against the door for a minute, before taking off my toms and heading towards the room.

I quietly opened the door and stepped in. I pulled out whatever clothes, undergarments, and towel. I went to the bathroom. I stripped off my clothes and sighed, opening the shower.

I let the warm water pelt on my back, massaging it.

After a few minutes, I get out of the shower, pulling on the towel and quickly drying myself. After getting dressed in plain black jeans white tank top and thin hoodie, I put the dirty clothes in the clothes hamper and clean up all the extra water. I exit the room and after taking my things for class and pulling on my coat, the dorm.

As soon as step out of the room, I realise that my wet hair are undone. Grudgingly, I go back into the dorm and pull my wet hair into a plait before exiting once more. I pull up my hood and take my glasses out of my bag. Pulling them on, I walk to the cafeteria, my head firmly on the floor.

“Hello, Angel,” a female voice said to me. I looked up to see my class teacher. I give her a small smile, as she walks past me.

I take a seat at the very back of the cafeteria and pull out my phone. I go to ‘Images’ and scroll through the old pictures until I came to one. My eyes prickled as I saw mine and Liam’s smiling faces. It was taken on the beach when Liam had made up to me for almost ruining my life.

Harry’s POV:

I moan, as I see the blur that is my room. My hand immediately flies to my head, supporting the major head ache. What had happened last night? The last thing I remember was- oh no! No, no, no! Had I really done it.

I sit up, thinking hard about what I had and hadn’t done last night. Everything was a big blur, except what I had done to my best friend.

I get to my feet and race to the garage. Not even bothering to brush my teeth. I pull out in my Mercedes and drive to the studio, breaking all the traffic lights.

I pull over in an empty parking space and ran inside to where we record. What I saw there, brought tears to my eyes. A pool of blood, that was soaked into the carpet, on the side of it, was Liam’s iPhone and wallet. I sighed and fell to my knees.

“What kind of person am I”, I mumbled to myself. “He’s my best friend.” I reached in my pocket for my phone and realised that I hadn’t taken it. Taking Liam’s phone I dialled Louis’s number.

“Hello?”, I heard Lou’s voice.

“Lou, where are you?”, I ask urgently.

“Harry?”, he says, confused, “We’re at St. Bridget’s Hospital!”, Louis says. With that I quickly hung up. I ran to my car and sat in the front seat for a minute, before driving away.

When I got there, I saw Louis leaning against the stairway.

“Lou!”, I yell out to him, catching his attention. I quickly jumped out of the car and ran up to him.

“Harry, how did you know about Li-”.

“Never mind that!”, I screech, “Where is he?”. Louis leads me up to the hospital room, where I see Niall, Liam’s mom and his sister, Charlotte crying, and Zayn trying to comfort them all.

I go to the room and look through the little portal hole in the door and it’s like getting pelted with a thousand bricks. A tear escaped my eye as I saw Liam’s lifeless figure plugged to all those machines, in that depressingly plain room.

“Doc says it’s not coma,” Louis tells me. I absentmindedly walk back to the seats and rest my head in my hand.

What was Liam going to say when he woke up? Surely, he would hate me. How will I ever look him in the eye. Or actually even look myself in the eye.

More tears escape my eyes. What would the boys and Angel say when they find out. Of coarse he would tell them. If I was in his place, I would too, but you know what! I’m going to beat him to it. I’m going to tell everyone. Starting from Angel. She has the first right to know. She would hate me, but I’d feel better about myself. I should have never done it. Liam deserves her. I always told myself it was love, but if it was love, I would have been happy seeing her happy. And I wouldn’t have done it.

Everything is fair in love and war, but not when you’re hurting the one you love.

“Where’s Angel?”, I ask.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Big speech! Sorry if it was too mushy. It was sad anyway.

5 comments and 8 votes? xxx

¬TheSpiritOfLove

PS: Plz check out my story 'She's in Love, He's in it for fun'.