1.First lie

Why ?

He just left and I look at the sofa, the empty glasses. I have a bit of a headache. Too much whiskey. A vague nausea.

I stay a moment to fix this sofa, trying not to ask myself the question: why?

Why did I do that? What fly stung me?

So I look at Ginny's pictures and the kids on the coffee table, I pick Lily's darling stuffed animal on the floor, and I sniff her. And I smile. It's its impregnated smell, and suddenly, it's like she's here.

Yes, of course, my life is here. In these faces, these stuffed animals, these instants fixed on film.

All my life. Ginny. My children. My greatest success.

Of course I am perfectly happy in this life. I love my wife. I love my children. They are everything to me.

What happened tonight is a mistake, a gross mistake. To forget quickly.

To dispel the discomfort, I watch our last vacation video, all five. Muggle technology, magic .... Besides, we live like muggles, in the present, modernity.

Not in the past, not in the old moons of magic.

I see Ginny and Lily smiles on the screen, and I smile in my turn. They are so beautiful, so radiant ... I see these wonderful moments in Ireland, all five. The sea, the spray, the moor. Our walks, laughs, snacks.

Which sound is sweeter than the laughter of my children?

Suddenly, I want to touch them, to press against me. I sigh. Tomorrow, they will be there.

Our family is everything for me: my reason for living, my consolation, my balance.

My first real family.

With Ginny, I had the impression to invent everything: a couple, a story, a life. My life.

I went through so many difficulties during my youth that I immersed myself in this new life with her as in a cold water ...

With appetite, with happiness ... without asking me any question ... every moment spent with her and my children is a revenge on my childhood. A sweet consolation.

Every moment of doubt or uneasiness is quickly dispelled by Ginny's smile. She gives me some of her strength, her energy. I look at it and I know that nothing can happen to us ...

She's everything for me ... my wife, my friend, my mistress ... my mother? I do not know. I do not remember what a mother is.

Our love is strong, indestructible, after all that we have lived.

I have never looked at another woman since we met, and yet I would have had a thousand opportunities. Notoriety is a strong aphrodisiac ... all these women who devour me eyes ... .the invitations, the innuendos.

I do not know who exactly they see when they starve at me, perverts. What a chimerical, sensual hero? In any case it's not me.

I only have eyes for Ginny, since always. I'm not looking for anything else.

I do not need anyone else.

That's why I see very few wizards except Ron and Hermione.

Too much curiosity, too many greedy looks ... too many questions.

The last big wizarding event I attended was the wedding of Ron and Hermione at the Burrow. So much preparation work for Mrs. Weasley, and all the looks that were turned towards me, who was only the witness.

I was embarrassed for Ron and Hermione ... I stole the show, despite myself. So I decided to take the tangent. Finished, the hero, the Survivor ...