6 - Rain, or Tears?

Narrators POV

Clementine was beginning to worry. The late afternoon sun was beginning to set and she still hadn't seen Violet. She could see dark clouds in the distance roaring, about to burst and fall rain down upon them. Goosebumps appeared on her skin as the wind started to pick up.

She stood near the gate, on her shift watching from the wooden platform with AJ.

"Hey bud. Is it okay if I go out into the woods for a bit? I just want to see if Violet is okay. Can you cover for me goofball?" Clementine asked AJ with plead.

The little boy nodded and grinned, but before Clementine went to turn around he said something that made her laugh but also be mortified at the same time.

"Have fun looking for your girlfriend!"

"She's not my girlfriend little man..."

"Really? Then why do you guys like... kiss and stuff?"

"It's because I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend now. Can I count on you solider?" Clementine said with a fake army accent, putting both of her hands on AJ's shoulders.

The little boy laughed. "Sir yes sir!" He said with a salute, making both of them giggle.

Clementine fist bumped AJ, and made her way down the sturdy, wooden ladder. Walking over to the gate, she saw that everyone else, including Tenn who had had his hip bandaged and was limping around, was playing cards.

Seeing the opportunity, she opened the gate by the slightest fraction and shut it as quietly as she could, before walking off into the woods. There were no sight of walkers anyway at the moment. Which made her slightly worried but hopefully it was just James luring the walkers away from the school.

She had Marlons bow in hand, her knife safely place on her hip, itching to be used like a gun during a shootout. As she walked along the path she listened to the sound of the whistling of trees, the echoes of crows and....

The yells of people arguing. Clementine curiously, but cautiously sneaked over to the location of the commotion and sound.

"Get over it Minnie! I don't love you anymore!"

"Yes you do! You're just too scared to admit it and tell Clementine!"

Clementine's ears twitched at the mention of her name. She snuck behind a tree and peeked her head around the bark to see who the people were, to find Minnie and Violet circling each other like sharks, making intense eye contact as they held their weapons in their hands tight, and close.

"I told you I would let you do it ONE more time... just to see if I felt anything and I didn't! So get out of my life Minnie and run back to little old James who you're so in love with!" Violet yells as the wind howls at the end of her sentence.

The rain began to fall, and at this point they had to yell to hear each other.

"Oh whatever Vi! I don't love him at all! You should know that! I am loyal to my people and you're my people!"

"No you're not... not if you're with Lilly. Just walk away before I feed you to walkers..." Violet growls loudly with gritted teeth.

Clementine was shocked. She never knew Violet could be this intimidating. She had to admit it was pretty damn hot and all she wanted to do was kiss her right now but she knew she couldn't. She needed to see what would come of this fight. Plus this wasn't her drama to get involved in.

"You would dare! I am your damn girlfriend! You wouldn't!" Minnie yells, the rain dropping down so hard that her hair has stuck against her back like glue.

"You. Are. Not. My. Girlfriend. Not. A Lilly. Lover. Never." Violet yells, gripping her cleaver so hard that Clementine was almost convinced that she was going to slice Minnie in half.

"Really! Well we'll see about that when I do this!" Minnie yells, looking around the woods. She makes eye contact with Clementine and smirks.

Minnie then walks up to Violet, and forcefully grabs a fistful of her shirt, pulling her in for a kiss.

To say the least Violet was shocked. The surprising thing was she didn't pull back, but she didn't reciprocate.

Clementine came from behind the tree. The rain was bucketing down like a waterfall. The sweat on Clem's face had turned to raindrops, that were mixed with freshly made tears from watching the two ex-lovers kiss.

Even though it probably didn't mean anything to Violet, it still hurt Clementine more than it probably should have.

The last bit of sun was on the horizon, and a lone walker was limping towards Violet.

She ran up to it and stabbed it in the head, making the two girls look at her.

"Clem? Oh my gosh it's not what it looks like I swear she-."

"It's okay Vi. I um.. I heard everything... it's fine. I'll go and leave you two."

Clementine wasn't sure if it was teardrops or raindrops that were falling down her face, but she knew one thing, they tasted salty and wet.

The 17 year old raced off into the woods, leaving Violet yelling her name, and for her to come back and explain the fucked up situation. But it was too late. Clementine had seen it all and she knew that Minnie did it to try and break them up, but she still felt heartbroken that Violet didn't pull away.

She just let it happen and that's what caused Clementine to sob while running. The thoughts of Violet and Minnie kissing running deeply in her mind.

She reached the gate, soaked in head to toe in water, panting heavily like an ape about to fight.

She got inside the admin building and went straight up into her room, to find AJ pulling off his shoes to get ready for bed.

"Clem? You're back! And you're so... wet. You need to change its so cold!" AJ said with worry.

Even for a little boy he knew something was wrong. It's not everyday his protector comes home drenched head to toe, sobbing over something he didn't know about.

"Yeah I'll change soon buddy, I just need to rest." Clementine said shakily with a yawn, locking the door and taking off her boots.

She climbed under the covers cold, wet and shaking. As she closed her eyes or she could think about was Violet and Minnie. Kissing. Kissing and smiling and being happy without her.

She knew that Violet hated Minnie, but she did also know that Violet let Minnie kiss her one more time, to see if she felt anything, behind her back. And she felt betrayed.

So she closed her eyes, and drifted off into a peaceful sleep. Trying to forget everything.

Or so she thought.