Chapter 33- He's Leaving

I woke up early the next morning in a cold sweat, with Sodapop still fast asleep right next to me. He looked perfect, but I didn't have time to admire him before I ran to the bathroom upstairs and was sick a little. I knew I didn't have the flu, so it was definitely food poisoning. I tried to get my clothes on as quietly as possible and sneak downstairs, but Dallas and Two-Bit were already in the kitchen.

"So, Nicole, you and Sodapop get much sleep last night?" Two-Bit asked as Dallas glared at him, clearly not amused by his little remark.

"You feelin' alright?" Dallas looked concerned, and I knew he could tell I didn't feel good.

I felt like total death, but I couldn't let the guys know. I didn't want to inconvenience them even more than I already had.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I knew Dal knew I was lying just by the look on his face.

"Uh, well, for starters, white paint has more color than your face." Two-Bit laughed at his little remark, but Dallas kept his serious stature.

"Come here, kid." Dallas put his hand out, and I knew what he was doing. He pushed his hand lightly against my forehead while his eyebrows furrowed.

"Holy shit, you're burning up."

"I probably just ate-" My stomach did flips as I ran to the trash can and was sick. Dallas ran over and held my hair behind me while Two-Bit started to get some crackers out of the cabinet.

"Something bad." I looked behind me and saw Dallas with a small smile on his face.

"Come on, why don't I take you back to Buck's so you can sleep it off, alright." I nodded my head slowly and grabbed my jacket off of the chair and Two-Bit handed Dally the crackers. He opened the door for us and Dallas helped me get down the stairs, which was a relief since I probably would have fell I was that dizzy.

Luckily, Dallas took Buck's T-Bird so I didn't have to walk all the way to the bar. I passed out cold in the car on the way there.

When I woke up, I was laying in a bed upstairs in my PJs. My head felt like I was beaten with a hammer and then run over with a truck. Soda was laying next to me, which kinda scared me at first to be honest.

"Hey, I'm sorry I scared you. I woke up and you were gone, and Dallas said you were here." I snuggled closer to him. I know it sounds crazy, but that me me feel alot better.

"Well you can't just sit here all day."

"It's okay, I want to." I looked up and smiled at him. He smiled too, but it was different. Something was wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He sighed deeply and sat up, rubbing the back of his neck. My heart started to speed up, pounding against my ribcage.

"It's nothing, I'll be back-"

"No." I cut him off, my breath becoming shallower and shallower. "You got drafted?"

"No. God no. The people from the state decided that Darry is an unfit guardian at the moment, and they're taking me and Pony away for a while."

I didn't say anything as my eyes watered and I sniffled, pulling him closer to me and sticking my head in the crook of his neck.

"Don't cry, I'll be back before you know it." He quietly sniffled himself, trying to keep it together for me. He didn't have to be strong though, and I wished he knew that.