Chapter 26-Singing In The Rain

That night at the Curtis' was movie night, since it was the only time everyone wasn't busy at the same time.

"CALL IT!" Two-Bit ran over to the bookshelf like a kid in a candy store and started to carefully examine each movie case until he found one he liked.

"Call what?" I plopped onto the couch between Sodapop and Johnny, taking a handful out of Johnny's popcorn bowl. Johnny jokingly pulled it away from me and put on a scowl, to which I gave him my puppy dog dog eyes. He smiled and handed me the bowl, chuckling to himself as I snuggled closer to Sodapop. He kissed the top of my head before grabbing some popcorn of his own and attempting to throw it at me. I had food catching competitions with Dal in New York, so it was easy for me to catch the little bits in my mouth.

"Picking the movie." Pony rolled his eyes and sighed. He leaned his head back on to the couch over me and Soda's legs. "He always picks."

"I'm fine with it," Steve started with a mouth full of cake, "As long as it's not-"

Two-Bit cut him off with a giant grin as he turned around from the bookcase and held a worn out case in front of him. "SINGING IN THE RAIN!" The room groaned in response while Two-Bit popped the tape into the TV and sat down so close I'm surprised his head didn't explode.

"Well, I for one love Singing in the Rain." I grinned and they whole gang scoffed in response, a few holding their heads in their hands.

"Watch it a couple dozen times and you'll change your tune." Johnny sighed deeply, but watched the opening scene anyways. I knew none of them would leave, it's not a lot of times when everyone has time to sit and watch a whole movie.

"I think I can read Gene Kelly's part better than Gene Kelly at this point." Everyone laughed at Dally's comment before turning their attention to the TV. I knew Sodapop wouldn't be able to sit through the whole movie, and quite frankly I wasn't sure I was going to either. By the first half hour, I was already restless and couldn't watch anymore, so I started to look for something else to focus on.

Subconsciously I started tapping my foot, and Sodapop noticed because he pulled me closer to him and put his arm on my upper back. I looked up and was surprised to find him still focused on the TV. The light from the TV created the perfect balance of shade and light on his face and highlighted all of his already perfect features. I could feel some of the other guys eyes on me, but I really didn't care. Sodapop was absolutely perfect in every way and I just couldn't look away.

After a while he looked down at me before he turned his attention back to the TV smiling at himself. I looked away too, my face turning bright red. He didn't say anything, but I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

I felt hot breath against my ear as Sodapop whispered: "I love it when I catch you staring at me." His lips grazed my ear and I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled his face into mine and we kissed like no one was watching even though I could tell the whole gang was staring at us. I ran my fingers through his hair and his hands made his way to my lower back.

Steve cleared his throat, making both of us pull away, grinning from ear to ear. I turned my head behind me and the gang snapped their heads back to the TV, pretending like they weren't paying attention. I giggled at their attempt and curled my whole body into Soda's as he ran his hand in circles across my back through the rest of the movie. Surprisingly, neither one of us got up.