| introduction. |

Christopher Brown.

I woke up to the aggravating sound of my alarm, the sound I dreaded hearing every weekday at 6:30 in the morning. After letting out a long groan, I reluctantly turned it off, then dragged myself out of bed, then into my restroom. I snatched up my toothbrush, applied some toothpaste onto it, then shoved it into my mouth. While I was brushing, I couldn't help but take another look at the bruise that has been under my eye for about a week now. I caressed my left thumb over it, & winced at the still lingering pain that came from it. I spat out the toothpaste from my mouth, then moved closer towards the mirror to get a better look at it.

"Fuck you, Brandon." I muttered, then began rinsing out my mouth.

Brandon Giles, or should I say, the biggest asshole in Southeast High, has picked on me for as long as I can remember. All I know is that we used to be cool at one point in time, back in Kindergarten or so, then all of a sudden, he turned on me. I don't even know what happened between us, but I'm pretty sure his reasoning for treating me like the way he does is ridiculous.

After I returned my toothbrush back to it's spot in its ceramic van holder, I turned on the shower, & began undressing myself. When the water was warm enough, I hopped inside, & let the lukewarm water run down on me. I grabbed my sponge, applied some of my Axe body wash onto it, then rubbed it to form a smooth lather. After thoroughly scrubbing, then rinsing off my whole body, I washed my face with this brand of medicated soap, which was supposed to help heal my bruise faster.

When I was completely done with my shower, I stepped out, & reached for my towel. I quickly dried myself off, then applied some lotion to my body. I then returned back to my room, & threw on a plain white T-shirt, denim jeans, my pair of black & white high top Adidas, then my black Nike hoodie. After I was done getting dressed, I slung my backpack over my left shoulder, then headed down the stairs. As I was walking down the wooden steps, I didn't hear any signs of my mother in the house, who was probably already gone for her job as a stripper at one of the hottest clubs in downtown Manhattan.

"I really do hope that she left the car .." I said to myself.

As I made my way into the kitchen, I noticed an unfamiliar note on the center island. Furrowing my eyebrows, I picked it up, then began to read it.

Chris,
I had to take the car to work this morning. The roads were kind of messed up, & I didn't want to deal with the hassle of taking the metro. You're going to have to take the bus to school today. I promise things will get better soon. Have a good day.

-Mom

Reading the last few words of the note my mother left made my shoulders drop in disappointment. I just didn't understand what hassle she would have in taking the metro if it was an underground station. Probably the large crowds, since barely anyone would choose to drive on the icy street, maybe?

"You've got to be kidding me .." I muttered, then threw the note in the trash.

There was no way in my right mind that I was taking the bus to school this morning. Just so I could get more awful treatment from my peers? Man, I'd rather walk. A mile & half wouldn't hurt. Plus, I've done it before, so it wasn't really that much of a big deal.

After grabbing two slices of white bread from the sack, I then popped them into the toaster for two minutes. My gaze then trailed over to the clock on the wall, which read 7:13 AM. If I wanted to get to school on time, I'd have to leave here in at least fifteen minutes, since school started at precisely 8:15 AM.

As soon as I took a seat at the dining table to wait for my toast to be finished cooking, the thought of my crush, Briana Hollis, drifted into my mind. Ever since my life at school began, I've always felt some type of way about her. But it's not like she notices me, anyway. She's on a whole other level in status at school, & I'm just the lousy bottom feeder. The fact never seemed to phase me one bit, considering that I always fantasized about things that would never happen between her & I.

Interrupting my thoughts, my bread popped up from the toaster, startling me a bit. With a sigh, I got up from my seat, fetched a plate, then placed the pieces of toasted bread onto it. After pouring myself a glass of orange juice, I carried my breakfast items back to the table, where I quickly scarfed down my food items. Once I was through, I took my dishes to the sink, washed them out, grabbed my backpack, then left the house.

After I locked the front door with my key, I shoved it into my pocket, then turned to face the world, where a cold, icy breeze soon slapped my cheeks.

"Goddamn." I mumbled, as I pulled my hood over my head.

I looked around at the several inches of snow that covered the once green ground of Manhattan. It was only early December, & the weather seemed to get worse by the day.

As I hopped off my front porch, I then started on my path to school. Feeling the sudden need to check the time, I began to feel around my pants pockets for my phone, only to soon realize that it was no longer in my possession. Along with my most expensive watch, it was ruined by Brandon in a way I didn't even want to describe. Now, I had to work longer hours at the Shop 'N Go just to replace it. Remembering my currently missing belongings, I let out a loud, long sigh, & watched as my breath dissipated into the bitter, cool air.

When I finally arrived at school, I saw several students climbing out of their expensive, warm cars, scurrying away from the frigid cold into the building. It made me somewhat envious, since my mom & I shared a 2008 maroon Honda Accord. I recall her telling me that she would get us another car, just so that we couldn't have to share one anymore. But too bad she said that about three months ago.

Shaking off the thought, I then walked up to the front doors of Southeast High, where I soon said a silent prayer in my head to have a good day.

"Prepare for another day in hell." I muttered to myself.

---

Y'all feeling this intro? Lemme know what you think! 😄

#WeBeSlayinShit #JSBSquad
JustSimplyBreezy