Chapter 8

“I can’t believe you split up and Dad you let her go?” My oldest

“I didnt want to but your mother wouldn't speak to me when I made attempts to reason with her. It did me a lot of good though because I realized what she said was true."

Everyone was silent probably in shock, we had never told them about that part of our lives even when they had problems with their mates. We made them talk it out and eventually they'd see reason. It was painful enough to go through, let alone bring it up all the time.

"I still saw your father at pack meetings and when my duties had to be done."

"Can granny carry on now."

"I dunno what to say to you guys." My youngest exclaimed. Everyone groaned and rolled their eyes.

"It's in the past ..... don't you want to find out how they got here?" Her mate responded.

"Fine carry on but I have my eyes on you, for all I know you've been pretending this whole time but you're not really back together."

"Right anyway, despite doing my duties, we hadn't properly spoken for three years." I heard gasps but carried on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within those three years Kim had married and moved in with her mate. The home we were in had expanded to accommodate a few of the wolves that wanted to go to uni in the next city, which was only 20 minutes away. My business had gotten bigger clients meaning there was more money!

On this particular day the members in my house were going back to the pack house and I hadn't realized it was Brent picking them up until he came up to ask where the omega Zack, was.

"He's staying alpha to help the Luna. We promised to look after him but she doesn't believe us.” Next thing I knew Brent was standing in the doorway.

"Rachel he needs to come back with us, he's part of the pack.” He said.

"No he doesn't. Especially if he is not going to be treated fairly, do you know the state he was in when he came here and how long it’s taken him to come out of whatever shell you guys placed him in. Just like me he can do his duties right here.” I state walking further into the house only to have the boy coming down the stairs with some of his clothes. I just stood there in shock as I watched him walk out of the house and came back to me.

“I’ve left some clothes so reassure you that I am coming back and I made some of my special macaroni and cheese that will last till the next time I see unless you eat it all like now because I know you can’t resist.” For that comment I whack him on the shoulder.

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay? You don’t have to go. You know I need help around here with the new people coming and at work.”

“You taught me how to throw enough punches to defend myself, I mean look at these bad boys.” he says whilst pointing at his his well built arms and I roll my eyes. I pull him in for a hug and lead him towards the door. He gives me one more hug and heads for the car.

“You two better look after him or else I will have your heads, do I make myself clear.” I yell and command the boys, Sam and Matthew, nod vigorously. I turned back to him, gave him the tightest hug I could muster and spoke in a really quiet voice “If anything  happens, anything at all, you make your way back here okay.” I felt his head nod in agreement on my shoulders. After a couple of minutes I allowed myself to let him go, walked him to the door and watched as they got in van and drove off.