Chapter 4

It was a bright sunny day and we had been resting from the nights torture we’d received, when the warehouse door crashed down, automatically we all started whimpering till someone commanded us all to keep quiet and that was when someone recognised that it was Brent. I felt ashamed in that moment because I hadn’t recognised his voice or him as a matter of fact. His hair had grown longer to his shoulders, he’d become even more built but his eye looked so tired, worn out and full of despair. The people who had healed managed to pick themselves up and help the ones who couldn’t. No one came to help me because I was only the Alpha’s to touch, I felt no hurt by that because as we know, Brent was crazy when the subject is me and he would go ballistic if he hasn’t seen me for 6 months because I’ve been kidnapped and tortured. So I respect people decisions. He run to me, picked me up and we sprinted toward the field around us, Brent was kissing my neck and telling me he’d missed me, all the while I was basking in the love that was radiating of me and I just sank into him.

About 10 minutes into our escape we heard some sort of siren and by Brent’s strained expression I figured that it was probably calling the kidnappers to start the chase on us. Brent found a quiet place and put me down so he could assess the situation to make a plan. In that instant fear overtook me, all my confidence in Brent had gone out of the window and I began to speak.

“Mark me.” I said in crocked voice. Brent walked over and looked at me weird and I repeated my word.

“Mark me.” This time my voice was raised higher and I pulled my top to the side so that my neck was exposed. Still Brent did nothing and frustration took over me and I proceeded to yell.

“I don’t care whether it hurts me or not mark me Brent!! Mark me now!” I had begun to cry and look so pathetic but I didn’t care. Brent succumbed despite that pained look he had on. Before I could start my pleading his canines were already in my neck, this piercing scream escaped my body and before I knew it darkness had overcome me.

I woke up in a startle thinking I was still being tortured and luckily Kim and Luke were by my side to calm me down. I began to start crying because never in my life had I ever been through anything of the sort and the fact I was free made me so grateful that I had been given another chance to live my life rather than die. It took almost 3 hours for the anaesthetic to wear off and that’s when the shooting pain in my neck began. I moved the hospital dress placed on me to the side to massage it and that’s when I felt the two piercings in my neck and I began to get hysterical. In that moment it hadn’t occurred to me that I had asked to be marked or that Brent had done it. I thought that one of the kidnappers had done it when he threatened to do so just before he rapped me, and I hadn’t remembered that they’d done it. All I could think about was how Brent must have been feeling and the pain I was beginning to feel because I had lost someone who was meant to be mine forever. Yes we’d argued on numerous occasions and I could sense more coming but we hadn’t been given the chance and that’s what hurt me the most. No wonder he wasn’t here to see me, I couldn’t blame him, as it’s even painful to think about. Luke shaking me brought my attention back to the room.

“Hey, hey, hey don’t cry.” he held my shoulders and tried to calm me down.

“But the wrong person marked me. I’ve lost Brent. Don’t you get it?” I managed to slobber out. To this Luke shook his head intensely before he began to speak.

“No hon Brent marked you. He said you asked him to.”

“I think I would remember if something like that happened Luke! Don’t play with me right now.” I yelled out.

“You don’t remember because of how it took place. He didn’t mark you in the act of love, he marked you through your pain and because of the pain you were going through it made the bite even worse resulting in your mind completely blotting any remote connection to being with him after he rescued you.” Kim voiced and it calmed me down significantly.

“So I still have Brent?” I asked with a smile.

“Yeah you do.” They both said and with that I laid back down with my mind clouded with thoughts of Brent and a huge smile plastered across my face.

It had been a week before I’d seen Brent and to be honest it did nothing more than to upset me. When he did come to see me he was very distant. Cold too and I didn’t understand why. When I hugged him he was very unresponsive, I would speak about my mark proudly too and I showed it off to the other females when they requested to see it but it didn’t do anything to change his or the mood between us. Until this brilliant idea popped into my head.

I was really excited to execute this plan, it would be something he would never expect! I went out after work, went to get some ingredients, some candles to create some ambience and to get some nice clothes for the occasion. As I got these items I thought back to how this new-year was treating us and to be honest it was definitely in our favour compared to the previous year. The only thing was once in a while I would get this sharp pain in my stomach. I went to the pack doctor because I thought I was pregnant luckily that wasn’t the case so we decided it was something that the kidnappers had put in me that was still in my system. 

When I got home Kim was on her way out because I had asked her to give me the house for the night and began setting up. By eight, Brent was at my door looking gruff and he had flowers that looked like he’d picked them up from the bin rather than a florist or supermarket. He didn’t even compliment the way I was dressed or the set up I made, he just sort of grunted his way through everything and as you can tell this was very upsetting. I hadn’t seen him for six months and when I try to rekindle things he’s just not bothered. I decided not to pay attention but carry on for all I knew his wolf was testing me to see if I still loved them and was dedicated to him. So we sat down had some dinner, which might I add he still was unresponsive to almost everything I did for example, when I brushed my foot between his thigh, all he did was take my foot and place it back on the floor and carried on eating. We finished eating dessert and I decided it was time for my plan to be executed, maybe it would make him smile and that’s all I wanted from him. I went to my room picked up the item and went back to find a very distracted Brent. When I got his attention back, he found me on one knee with a ring and nothing but shock was written on his face. I mentally high-fived myself because I had gotten a reaction from him.

“Brent Greyson, my alpha and my mate, despite what we’ve been through in the past year I know that I want to be with you for the rest of my life as fate has planned it. Would you make me the happiest woman by taking my hand in marriage?” I spilled out. There was a lot more I wanted to say but I decided to save it for the wedding day. There was a very long silence before Brent spoke up.

“Yes I will marry you Rachel Winter. Yes I will.” He whispered out and with that he picked me up and kissed me like he had never done before. From there we planned the wedding, Brent still had his cold moments toward me and it seemed as if he avoided me most of the time.

Our wedding was the best I had ever planned. It was a mixture of a human wedding and a werewolf wedding. With the wolf bit it was mainly doing the blood rites so I could be initiated with the pack as well as Brent. Through that ceremony it did feel as if there was a weight poured on me meaning the connection went well then it was my senses coming to life more. I could see, smell, hear etc better and much clearer than ever in my life and I loved it! For the human bit we said our vows and I poured my heart out to him and he did too which was excellent because at least I knew what page we both were on. We celebrated and I was would say it was one of the happiest moment in my life, what ruined it was Brent leaving with no word the day we’re meant to leave for our honeymoon.

What's the pain she's getting? Did you expect her to marry him? What's happened to Brent? Any gueses????? Let meknow :)

Apologise that this chapter is short it's just meant to be a filler for the drama in the next chapter. Thanks for reading. Comment/Vote/PM me