Mitchel thought for a moment. He had to admit, he was pretty hungry. "I'm down," he said, nodding. Pat smiled softly at him, nodding back. The rest of the band nodded as well.

"Where, though?" Jesse asked, furrowing his eyebrows slightly as he looked at Pat.

"Well, we'll have to decide," he shrugged, beginning to make his way out of the studio. Everyone else trailed behind him.

***

The band finally decided on a good place to eat, which was at a small Mexican restaurant down the street. Everyone was seated and waiting for their orders; Clinton and Jesse both making conversation with each other, Pat and Christian on their phones but still talking to one another, and Mitchel sat there in the booth, twirling his phone around as he debated on texting Reese or not. He wasn't sure if she was awake at this time, but he would've figured it was worth a shot.

Mitchel
My bad if this wakes u up but hey

The braided boy sighed softly, tapping send before pressing the power button on his phone. He was greeted with a black screen, his reflection staring back at him. Boredom hit Mitchel like a truck, making him wish he could be somewhere else at the moment.

"Yo, Mitchel," Christian said, bringing everyone's attention to the braided boy. He looked up from his phone and made eye contact with the younger Australian. His eyebrows were raised slightly. "Why have you been running off, exactly?"

A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he rolled his eyes. He hung his head before letting out a soft chuckle. "Why? Just let me be."

"Not if it'll get in the way of your job," Christian shrugged.

"I won't let that happen," Mitchel began to feel his heart progressively beat faster.

"Alright, alright," Clinton sighed. He could tell Mitchel's blood was beginning to boil. "That's enough. Christian, let him be. Mitchel, don't let this shit distract you from your music, okay?"

The two boys kept their mouths shut, deciding it was best for themselves and the rest of the group. Mitchel's phone lit up, catching his attention immediately. He sighed in relief when Reese's name came up.

Reeses Pieces
i'm awake. can't sleep anyway.

Mitchel
Why's that?

Reeses Pieces
not sure. just can't. it sucks smh.

A soft smile formed on Mitchel's lips.

Mitchel
My tip on helping with that still flies high js

Reeses Pieces
which was...?

Mitchel
Smoke

Reeses Pieces
i already told you mitchel, i'm not a smoker.

The braided boy laughed quietly at the reply, knowing he was messing with her. He looked up and saw Jesse eyeing him and his phone from across the table. When they met eyes, Jesse raised his eyebrows questioningly at Mitchel. The other boy brushed Jesse's expression off, deciding he'll explain another time. He looked up at him once more, noticing that the black haired man was sipping his drink while looking at him. Jesse immediately looked away, jumping into conversation with the rest of the guys.

It was clear to Mitchel that Jesse was suspicious. However, he chose to ignore it right now. He figured he'll find a way to tell them soon, just not now. It wasn't the time for it.

Mitchel
I know I'm playing with you don't worry

Their food finally arrived after a while of waiting. Quickly, everyone began to dig in. Mitchel stayed quiet most of the time, trying to jump into the conversation everyone was having, but he immediately found himself jumping out after a few sentences. What they were talking about didn't really interest him, leaving him to be in his own world as he ate and drank.

While mindlessly chewing on his food, Mitchel looked around the restaurant, observing the designs and paintings on the walls. Once he finished, he took a large sip of his soda and got up from his seat, dismissing himself from the rest of the guys.

"I'll be back," he said before turning around to find the bathroom.

While Mitchel was washing his hands, someone else entered the restroom. The braided boy looked up at the mirror and saw the all too familiar black hair. He turned off the faucet and dried off his hands as Jesse crossed his arms.

"You talking to someone?" Jesse asked, leaning his back against the wall. Mitchel froze for a few seconds before sighing as he looked at his band mate.

"Why does it matter?" Mitchel asked, raising his eyebrows.

"It doesn't," Jesse said, shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head. "I'm just wondering, man. And besides, if you are, then I'm happy."

The braided boy leaned against the sinks, avoiding eye contact. He knew he could either admit it now, or continue denying it. Jesse remained quiet for a while, looking at Mitchel with a sigh.

"Fine," Mitchel finally said, breaking the silence between them. "Yes, I'm talking to someone. She and I are just starting out to be friends." Saying those words had a wave of relief rush through the boy. He felt a little better, knowing someone else had known about his friendship with Reese.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" Jesse laughed, patting Mitchel's back. "But really, I'm glad. Just hope she's better than the last one you had. I have to admit, she was a wreck." Mitchel agreed mentally, she really was a wreck.

"Thanks, Jess," Mitchel sighed softly. The black haired man smiled softly and nodded as Mitchel looked up at him on the mirror.

"No problem."

"Oh, and one more thing," Mitchel turned to finally face him. "Please don't tell Clinton."

Jesse eyed him, his expression clearly unsure. "Fine."