"This is ridiculous." she commented and shook her head. "I'm out."

"Please, Emz. Just give me 1 month." I said with puppy eyes.

"Abby, you're my best friend. In fact, you are more than that. You're like a sister to me already. And I have a bad feeling about this. I just don't want you to make decisions that will eventually hurt you in the future." Emilia said and hugged me tightly. "But if you think that what you are doing now will make you happy, then I won't stop you. But it doesn't mean that I agree with your outrageous plan. I am not stopping you because I am hoping that you will fall in love with Gorio instead."

"That'll never happen." I said confidently and hugged her back. "But thank you, Emz."

" It will." she said and I just sighed. "Just give him a chance."

"Not happening, Emz." I said with a closure.

***

My eyes were all swollen when I woke up this morning. I washed my face, brushed my teeth and immediately went to the kitchen to make an ice pack for my eyes. I wasn't surprised to see a whole bottle of whiskey in the kitchen bar.

He must have hated our marriage that much to get himself drunk in our wedding night.

I was hurt but it was my fault. I just went to fix everything and decided to make some soup which is very good for hang over. I was almost done when a woman suddenly came. I immediately introduced myself to her as Gorio's wife and she was delighted to meet me. She is a kind lady. I made breakfast for us and she loved the food I cooked. I practiced a lot of cooking for the years that had passed and was used to it when I started to live on my own during my university years. And I'm happy to say that my cooking has improved a whole lot. I informed Mrs. Norris about the soup that I made and told her to make sure Gorio's consumes it. I then went to made the ice pack and went back to the room.

After taking a long bath, I checked my myself in the mirror and fortunately my eyes looked a lot better. So then I planned to fix my belongings and clothes. I just came out of the bathroom when Gorio entered the room, a little bit surprised upon seeing me.

"Good morning." I greeted shyly.

"Seeing you is not a good morning for me." he said coldly and walked passed me.

"Sorry." I immediately answered.

"Saying sorry won't change the fact that you are here and that I will always be seeing your face." he said while he went to the walk in closet and took some suit there and a pair of shoes. "So that would mean nothing but not a good morning every single day."

Then he hurriedly walked towards the door.

"Ah. Next time, don't ever make anything for me. I am paying someone to do that job." he said and went out of the room slamming the door behind. "I don't need you."

My jaw dropped as I was left flabbergasted of what happened. But didn't change the fact that my heart hurt. I closed my eyes and tilted my head up to prevent my tears from falling. Alas, it didn't help.

***

"Greg speaking." the voice on the other line said.

"H-hi. Uhm. This is me...Abby." I started.

"Abigail." he said coldly. "I don't remember giving you my number."

"Oh. I...I uhm...I got it from Mrs. Norris." I answered nervously. "A-are you busy?"

"I have tons of files to check and if you called to just ask me if I am busy then it's better to end the call." he said sternly.

"Sorry. I...I just called to ask if...uhm...I can go out?" I asked hesitantly.