Chapter 71: A False Thing Becomes True

At this tense moment, everyone was holding his or her beliefs and everyone was striving. Li Zhicheng and Lin Qian were protecting Aida against attacks from foreign companies, Chen Zheng was trying to preserve the position and benefits of his position as the general manager of SMQ. Charles was also striving to improve DG's operations in China. He thought he could both achieve the business goal of the headquarter and provide Chinese customers with first-tier products, which was meaningful.

Investment managers working for Lin Mocheng were also buried in work. Though there wasn't any progress in the acquisition of New Bori and Aida, theinvestment management team was penetrating the shareholders of the two corporations. Any interest gaps, any change of minds would be accurately captured by them and they would conquer the target bit by bit.

It was at dusk when Lin Mochen went back to his office in Lin City after a strategy meeting with Charles. His office was at the end of the corridor.

Tender is the night. Lin Mochen greeted everyone leisurely with his hands in his pocket. When passing the meeting room, he could see the light blazing inside. The Aida acquisition team were talking to a man in suit. He looked familiar. Because of Lin Qian, he read all the dossiers of executives from Aida.

He quickly matched that face to a name. He was an indispensable resource within Aida. Lin Mochen frowned slightly, but he didn't change his facial expression drastically. Neither did he slow his pace. He entered his office directly.

He asked his secretary to bring him a cup of coffee and went through some investment analyses. After that, he leaned into the chair, crossed his legs and turned on the LCD TV with his remote control. It was eight o'clock in the evening and the new commercial showcasing ZAMON under DG would be playing on each major station.

Another bloody war was looming.

Why would Lin Mochen give Charles a note to clarify the situation for him? Because following Li Zhicheng use of the "Area of Effect" scheme on foreign brands, Lin Mochen was almost one-hundred percent sure that the headquarters of DG would utilize ZAMON to preserve their other brands. As it was sure to happen, him counseling Charles wouldn't change the overall trend. What's more, he could tighten the bond between him and Charles, and keep it from being sabotaged by Chen Zheng.

Also, Li Zhicheng was shrewd enough to see DG's "Smash" tactic coming. Given that, his help for Charles might in a way help Li Zhicheng and Lin Qian, too. Besides, doing this didn't go against his work ethics.

Nonetheless, based on what he just saw, there seemed to be some potential betrayers in Aida. He couldn't disclose such crucial information to Lin Qian because similar things regularly happened during a potential acquisition, and if he did it, it was highly unethical. If this incident did substantial harm to Aida, they could only rely on themselves to get through it.

But then, if Li Zhicheng couldn't even handle market intrigues like this, there was no need for him to stay with Lin Qian.

Changsha was still hot like a stove in early September. Lin Qian was inspecting recent test result with several technicians and workers in front of the production line. In the sun-blazing afternoon, she was wearing a blue worker suit with a peak cap and ponytail.

The samples now, compared to those of several weeks ago, already met Lin Qian's expectations. This meant her new brand was ready for manufacture once the factories, facilities, and staff were ready. Lin Qian was a thrilled; she waved her hands and said, "Dinner on me tonight. You guys have gone through some hard work and it will not be forgotten."

All the staff cheered. Each had a decision to make, as Li Zhicheng had given them a choice. As founding members of Lin Qian's new brand, they should remain with the new factory, or return to their original positions. Aida's businesses were booming everywhere, and everyone wanted to be promoted. Was there a better chance than this?