Chapter 31: Confrontation

Lin Qian felt like Li Zhicheng had turned the relationship between them into something new. They were like friends with lots of possibilities.

Instead of being assertive like before, he wanted her to slowly accept him.

His intention was still conspicuous. However, after that night she accepted his point of view. It was like a seed planted inside her heart, and it germinated.

She ought to learn more about him.

I'm not going to settle but I'm also not going to withhold my emotions. I shouldn't let this intelligent and excellent man slip by without trying first.

I should pursue a love in which the man is my sole purpose, and I can't help thinking about him. Where all the natural beauty in the world can't amount to him. Where I won't hesitate to burn in hell if it's for him.

Lin Qian sat at the back of the taxi, staring at the luminous lights outside while feeling the calmness of the man beside her. She no longer felt anxious—rather, she felt a sweet joyfulness.

This night had been more than amazing, and no words needed to be spared.

As for Li Zhicheng, he was covered in beads of sweat after the intensive exercise. Every single one of his muscles was sore after doing nothing for so long but sitting in the office. But there had been a woman working out with him, which made him feel fantastic both physically and mentally.

He looked at the woman's profile quietly. Her eyes were shining, which meant her mind was wandering again.

Li Zhicheng's heart soared.

Lin Qian, I'll put that kiss on the rock face on hold.

I'll suppress my feelings and win over you gradually.

The lust in that moment—I'll fulfill it one day when you drop your defenses and answer me with your heart and soul.

The taxi stopped in front of a line of luxurious apartments.

Lin Qian exchanged some pleasantries with the driver, paid him and got the change. Li Zhicheng looked up and saw the dimming light coming from the second floor, where a tall man stood by the window, gazing down at the street.

The exterior of Lin Mochen's apartment was white and elegant, which matched his arrogance.

There was a yellow fence in front of the apartment, with some snow-covered plants that had been seeded by Lin Qian last year.

Lin Qian stood before the fence and beam at Li Zhicheng. "Good night... you. Get back to the hotel soon."

For some reason it was difficult for her to call him the familiar "Mr. Li" after having fun with him all night. But calling him "Zhicheng" would have been weird, so she'd just resorted to using "you" the entire car ride.

Li Zhicheng stood in the darkness with his black coat and damp hair. He nodded his head and smiled. "Good night."

The door opened, and the light at the entrance turned on. Someone walked outside.

Li Zhicheng looked over calmly. Lin Qian, however, quickly closed the gate fence and walked to the door. "Brother, I'm back! Happy Lunar New Year!"

Lin Mochen wore a light grey sweater and a pair of black trousers. This was how a Wall Street elite was at home: leisurely but elegant. He glanced at his sister, who wanted to pretend that nothing was happening, and at the handsome man outside the fence, who nodded at him politely.

They were home sooner than he'd expected.

He pondered the situation for a while, and then said in a deep voice, "A friend coming from afar. Would you mind coming inside for a chat?"