Chapter 8: Intentions Revealed

It was a sunny morning. The sun shined on the vast and clean marble flooring in the Aida building, making its surface sparkle like bits of scattered gold. The plants in the indoor flower beds were neatly trimmed, and their flowers and green leaves were glistening in the sunlight after being watered.

A group of staff representatives, led by the manager of the administration department, stood in front of the building's doorway. Dressed in suits and holding flowers in their hands, they all waited expectantly.

Upstairs, through every window, even though the shades, people were looking outside occasionally.

The two younger girls in the CEO office, of course, couldn't wait either. All morning, they kept glancing out the window while discussing in low voices what the second son of Aida's chairman, who had never appeared in public before, would look like.

Influenced by their conversations, Lin Qian felt a little restless too. She also kept looking outside without thinking.

Finally, it was eleven o'clock, the scheduled time.

Led by Gu Yanzhi's Cadillac, several black cars drove in a line from the highway exit. The cheapest brand among them was Audi. They drove all the way up to the front of the company and pulled up to the building one by one.

The two girls were amazed by the scene. With her chin in her hands, Lin Qian watched what was happening outside as well.

It wasn't long before everyone started getting out of their vehicles. Most of them were head managers from all the departments. Gu Yanzhi got out of the Cadillac from the front passenger seat, dressed in a well-ironed suit.

One of the managers walked forward and respectfully opened the back door of the Cadillac.

A young man got out.

Dressed in a black suit, a white shirt and a pair of dark, shiny leather shoes, the young man had short black hair and stood out from the crowd with his height.

Surrounded by the department managers being led by Gu Yanzhi, he walked up to the entrance. After some brief commotion, the front area grew quiet as all the higher-ups were in the elevator, heading directly to the top floor.

Lin Qian still had a lot to do that day.

Since the press conference, she'd had to keep a close eye on the competitors' movements.

Worthy of the nickname "Flagship" within the industry, New Bori had reacted more quickly than she had anticipated. They announced early that morning that they were going to hold a press conference that same evening. While SMQ was still remaining silent, it was said that Chen Zheng would make his position public in no time as well.

The news about the "Aida Press Conference" had become the most popular topic overnight amongst industry news. There were also negative responses that accused Aida of simply staging a publicity stunt. However, they were minor and most likely from the competitors themselves. The mainstream media and the Internet had only praise for Aida. Lin Qian predicted that the positive responses would improve Aida's low sales.

But just by a little and that's it. There's no such thing as a business miracle that would allow one PR action to completely turn around a company.

"Miss Lin Qian," said the woman named Song Xianxian. Sitting on her seat, she turned to look at her and said, "I heard that the new boss is going to speak to every department head."

Another girl, Yang Xiru, also said, "Yeah, Miss Lin Qian, you might be called on sometime soon."

The pen in her hand stopped moving. Lin Qian looked up at them and said with a smile, "Mmm, we'll see. I'm waiting for the call anytime now."