Chapter 65: Heart Higher than the Heavens

The night was quiet.

Lin Qian walked into the front lawn of the townhouse and the first thing she weaved through was the grape rack.

Under the moonlight, the few seedlings from last year had already grown to almost the height of her waist. The big leaves were gently swaying in the night breeze.

Next year, they should be able to climb up the tall grape rack, right?

Maybe it was because she felt solemn and at a loss that she didn't go into the house right away but rather took out her phone and took a few photos of them to keep as a memory. Then, she let out a sigh and pushed the door to enter the house.

Li Zhicheng was sitting on the sofa wearing a simple, light grey T-shirt and black sports shorts which made him look clean and sturdy. He lifted his eyes to look at her and patted the sofa lightly with his hand to gesture for her to sit next to him.

Lin Qian sat with him side by side, her focus immediately drawn by the television.

The news that was broadcasting was related to the American company DG Organization buying SMQ.

Of course, the news did not have much information that was of value. Both parties had maintained a low profile and the news that the media got were mostly rumors or based on unsubstantiated claims.

Perhaps the very topic of foreign acquisition brought with it a sensitivity that was hard to pinpoint, but watching this segment of the news in addition to thinking back on Cheng Zheng's words that day made Lin Qian have an inkling that they may share a common fate.

She turned her head to look at Li Zhicheng and asked him straightforwardly, "Will you sell Aida?"

Li Zhicheng held up the remote control and turned off the television.

"What do you think?" he asked her instead.

Lin Qian said honestly, "I don't know."

"What did you talk about with your brother today?" he asked again.

Lin Qian repeated Lin Mochen's words without leaving out a single word. Of course, she skipped the phrases like "waiting to die" that Lin Mochen had said... After listening, Li Zhicheng nodded his head, and changed the topic to ask instead, "Have you told him that we have gotten engaged?" Lin Qian recalled her brother's reaction then and naturally did not reveal the truth, answering, "I've told him. He was a little upset at first because we didn't tell him immediately, but he is still happy overall and even congratulated us."

A trace of amusement slowly found its way into Li Zhicheng's eyes as he asked in a soft voice, "Really?"

Lin Qian felt self-conscious but was able to keep her composure, "Of course it's real, if not what else can it be?" Internally, however, she thought, you can sense that something is not quite right? Alright I guess birds of a feather flock together and you are indeed the person who understands him the best in this world.

Luckily, these two fellows need not get into a fight.

Li Zhicheng did not harp too much on the question, but looked at her and said, "Once the matter of acquisition has been resolved, both my father and I will officially call on him and give him a visit."

Lin Qian's face heated up slightly, "Up to you."

As they discussed this topic, the atmosphere in the house seemed to become more romantic. The two glanced at each other and Li Zhicheng extended his hand to pull her into his embrace, his hand gently tracing and stroking her cheek.

"What are you doing?" Lin Qian immediately felt a little frenzied by his touch.

"What do you call me?" he asked slowly.