Chapter 62: City Starlights

The commercial was almost a silent film.

The scene opened with a peaceful family of three. The house was decorated in a modern and minimalist style. The young couple were comfortably dressed in house clothes, and they were accompanied by a six or seven-year-old boy on the sofa watching television.

At this moment, if the viewers remembered, they would surprisingly find that the boy seemed familiar.

This was the same boy that appeared in an Aito commercial more than a year ago. A year had passed, the young boy had grown quite a bit taller, but he was still well sculptured, handsome, and cute.

"Oh, tomorrow we're going for spring vacation!" The young boy shouted out this line, jumped off the sofa and ran into his room. The young parents looked at each other and smiled. This was the only spoken line in the entire commercial.

The scene changed. The man came into the bedroom, took a black backpack out of the closet and started packing. The backpack's design was very simple, the fabric and straps looked soft but sturdy.

At the bottom of the screen, a line of text appeared, "Men, they only need one".

The scene then jumped to a walk-in closet. This time, the lady was tip-toeing as she stood, her finger gently touching her lips, her pair of big eyes scanning around. On the rack in front of her, seven or eight backpacks were displayed. Each had its own unique color and style. There was one made of black leather, another with floral cloth...but all were of medium size, exquisite and beautiful.

The subtitles once again surfaced, "Women, they deserve to have more".

Then, the scene changed to the child's room. On the small study desk was a child-sized laptop. Though he was small, the child swiftly operated the keyboard and mouse. He quickly entered a webpage which was full of dazzling pictures of children's backpacks. He chose the backpack's color, chose from pictures of cartoon animals (bears, hunting dogs, tigers...), chose the external pocket placement, and zipper color. The series of choices flashed past in an instant, and ended with him finally entering his name, "Little Bean," on the box.

At last, the scene switched to daytime, and an express delivery man came to the house. In his hands was the backpack which he gave to Little Bean. The parents stood behind him and smiled.

The subtitles read, "For children, exclusively custom-made and unique".

As the music crescendoed, the family could be seen cruising down the suburban streets. There were green trees and flowers all around under pleasant sunlight. And their three backpacks were arranged in the back seat of the car.

The scene faded to black and the subtitles flashed:

"Life with Aier backpacks. So colourful, so simple."

At the lower right corner of the screen, subtitles flashed for a second and disappeared, "Leisure Bag Brand under the Aito Company."

This commercial was broadcast on every TV station, and online media at every level; helping to make the new Aier brand famous all around. At that time, Ning Weikai had settled into his new office, temporarily bidding goodbye to the luggage industry that he toiled and strived in for so many years.

His new assignment was with an Internet company. Although it was small to the point of being pathetic, it was still a high tech company, so its office location and rental spaces were all in the city's busiest, most high-end office building.

At the moment, he was looking at the huge LCD display on the opposite building. Aier's commercial was being shown.

He watched for a while, finally dryly laughed, and looked down to continue reading the documents in front of him.