Forty Four Part One

A/N: Sorry for the extremely late delay on this. This week has been rather turbulent on both ends of the happy and sad spectrum, so it took me a little while to get my emotions sorted out before I could write. On the plus side, the best writing is done when the writer is a little angsty haha! 

HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS TWO PARTER! The second part will be up as soon as I'm done editing. :)

___

 Alice's thoughts were so loud, she could no longer hear anything in the pub.

"You went to see Fiona, duh," rattled through her head as her eyes glued to the incriminating photograph. She wanted to shut her eyes, tighten them as hard as she could until the image disappeared from her mind.

But she couldn't peel her eyes away.

And she knew the photo wouldn't go away.

A stillness overtook the table. The only movement was from Blaise's flaring nostrils and raising chest as his eyes cut through Isaac, who was sitting lifeless in his chair, his eyes vacant of any identifiable emotion. All color drained from his skin, leaving him to resemble a corpse more than a living human.

Everyone was frozen, trying to comprehend what had just happened.

Everyone except Emily.

She leaned back in her chair and flipped her hair over her shoulder. An air of smugness surrounded her as if she held a certain pride for discovering Isaac's scandalous secret.

"I personally don't understand what you see in her, Isaac." Emily's oblivious voice shattered the extended silence, however, it sounded miles away to Alice. "I mean, I get that she's like, a hot and rich model and everything... but that woman is as dull as cardboard."

The second the words left Emily's lips, Isaac's palm smacked the table, pulling everyone's attention away from the photograph for the first time. Alice could see his blue eyes swirl into a stormy darkness as they drove through Emily, and although he appeared stern, there was also a look of plea embedded in his expression.

"I... I didn't. Th- that's not why I went to -"

"Oh, stop with the dramatics, Isaac, and give it up already," Emily said in a bored voice as she inspected her nailbeds. "She practically admitted it herself."

"Wh-what are you talking about?" Isaac stumbled out, his eyes shifting between the nonchalant Emily and menacing Blaise, whose knuckles were white from clenching onto the arms of the chair so tightly.

"There's an interview at the bottom of the picture," Emily said, before nudging Blaise's side with a cheeky grin. "Jeez, for a CEO, you'd sure think he'd be better at reading, am I right, babe?"

Blaise didn't respond.

None of them responded.

They all craned their necks to read the small text at the bottom of the picture.

For every word written, Alice could hear her heart pumping louder.

"When asked about her relationship with Hanes, Banks responded with, ''We've remained really close friends after we ended things, but, who knows? If things keep going the way they are, well...we'll see.'"

It was funny, the way Alice could tell when they each finished silently reading the small blurb.

Despite no words being spoken, the energy surrounding the table changed.

Alice could feel the atoms around her vibrate, the rising tensions skyrocketing to reach their close, the atmosphere quickly growing with as much adrenaline that was pumping through her body, until -