Thirteen Part 2

Shout out to @ElisionEditing for helping make this story great! And thank you to all the readers!

__________________________________

None of them needed tequila.

No one ever needs tequila.

A nearby table of elderly drunk men obnoxiously sang to AC/DC when Emily drove her finger into the table. Her face was flushed, but her emerald eyes glared dangerously at Isaac. "Essential oils are the greatest health-trend to date."

"I just don't get what's so 'essential' about them," Isaac shrugged, taking a large swig of his beer.

"Are you joking me?" She laughed. Her usually perfectly smooth hair was getting messier with every shot she took. "Everything is essential about them. You've got lavender for stress, peppermint for headaches, and cinnamon is a great natural anti-inflammatory. They're all amazing!"

"You can keep listing them off all night," Isaac said, "but at the end of the day the only oil I care about is olive or vegetable."

"God," Emily huffed and folded her arms, finally peeling her eyes away from Isaac. "I can't believe I actually liked you at one point."

"Yep," Isaac said and clicked his tongue. "You really jumped the gun on that one. Shots?"

Another shot of tequila down the hatch.

The grumpy waiter rolled his eyes and stomped away from the table without a word when Emily asked if the kitchen had any zucchini fries. She gasped and crossed her arms tightly over her chest. "How rude!"

Blaise gawked at her. "Emily, have you seen what this place looks like?"

She looked around at the tarnished wooden décor and a greying man passed out dangerously close to the dart boards. "Yeah, so?"

Blaise laughed and shook his head. "Never mind."

"I think," Isaac said, turning his knees to face Alice and snapping his fingers loudly near Alice's ear with an adventurous glimmer in his eyes, "I want to get a tattoo."

Alice choked on her drink, the vodka soda nearly shooting up her nose. "You? You want a tattoo?"

"Yeah?" he said. "What's so funny about that?"

"You don't really seem like the tattoo kind of guy..."

"Oh come on," he said, resting his elbow on the back of the chair and leaned towards her. "Can't you picture me with a giant green dragon on my back?"

She threw her head back and shook with laughter before placing her hand on his shoulder. "Please, for the love of god, get that tattoo."

"Oh, or what about a nice little butterfly on my wrist?" he asked, placing his fingers where his imaginary tattoo would lie. "I was thinking maybe bright pink and purple?"

"Oh!" she said with a mischievous flicker in her eye. "I've got a marker in my purse. I can give you a butterfly tattoo if you want."

Isaac held out his wrist and shut his eyes tightly, clenching his teeth together as he said, "Just don't hurt me too much."

Giggling, she excitedly snatched the marker from her purse. She grabbed his hand and rested it in her lap before gently tracing her fingers along the veins in his wrist. His skin is really soft...his hand twitched and she snapped her eyes shut for a second. Stupid tequila. She slowly raised her gaze to meet his and noticed the redness surrounding the bright blue of his eyes. A small smile played on his lips when she stroked the same area. "Is this where you want it?"