|16| I THOUGHT THAT WAS A DREAM

Start from the beginning

Someone cleared their throat from the door way. "Uh.. um... Sirius do you have anymore of that stuff..." said a girl's voice.

James fainted.

"Oh Merlin. Lily, look what you did!" I said exasperatedly to the red head standing in the doorway, pointing to the gangly figure now unconscious atop his bed.

"Is that—? Oh no." Lily shuddered as she realized it was her lipstick on James Potters face. "Oh no no no..."

Sirius chuckled and handed her the hangover potion. "You don't remember do you?"

"No." She replied looking away from him, blushing like mad. "But I do remember what happed to Mr Casanova over there." She laughed.

"Please share!" I cheered.

She chuckled as Remus threw a shoe at me. Rude.

"Well Mr. Lupin charmed the socks off of Mary McDonald last night." She began. MARY?! I thought she fancied Snivellus!

"Mary?! Mary kissed Moony?!"

"No no no, he literally charmed off her socks with some silly spell. She thought it was hilarious and went to go grab her friend... some Hufflepuff girl. Very pretty." She clarified. "I dunno her name... but they really seemed to hit things off..."she smirked looking at the lipstick all over his face.

"Who!? Who was it Moony?!"

"I'm not telling you. You'll go around saying we're soulmates or something like you do with those two." Remus said grouchily.

At this, I remembered James was still passed out... or at least I thought he was. I looked over to see him sitting on his bed quietly just staring at Lily like a lovesick puppy... a lot like how Sirius looks at me when he's playing with my hair.

"I promise I won't proclaim the girl to be your soulmate, but you have to tell me Moons! I'm your best friend! Also, I'm a girl! I could help!"

"Nope. Not telling." He said stubbornly. I would figure it out eventually.

"Well... um thanks for the potion Sirius.. I'll see you guys later." Lily said before moving to leave the room. She stopped along the way to shyly spare a look at James, and then blushed bright red and ran out the room. Soulmates.

"So. Prankmas planning!? Yes? Yes." I said.

"We have seven essays to do by Tuesday Snugs." Remus reminded me. I expected James to be on my side, but he didn't say anything, he was still recovering from being in the presence of the future Mrs. Lily Potter.

Sirius groaned. "Can't you do them for us Moony?" He tried. Moony just gave him a 'are you really asking that question you lazy mutt' kind of look. Sirius sighed deeply then dramatically flopped himself onto the bed I was still occupying. "Fine. We'll do homework.." He said the word homework like it was a dirty word. He wasn't wrong.

After this, I quickly snuck back up to the girls dorm to get ready, still wearing Sirius's big t-shirt, and hoping no one saw me. Now usually, I never really worried about people knowing I'd slept in the boys dorm. However, I was feeling particularly self conscious about it this specific morning since I'd learned the night before that there were rumors going around that I was shagging all the Marauders. Truth was, I wasn't shagging any of them.

I snuck into the girls dorm and saw Lily's bed was empty (I figured she was in the bathroom), Alice snoring quite loudly in one of Franks Quidditch shirts, Mary sleeping soundly all snuggled up with a tea cup next to her bed, and Marlene glaring at me. I just ignored her. She didn't seem to like that.