Chapter Ten: The Fifth Meeting

Gustav was incredibly nervous as he waited for Oliver's train to show up. What was he going to say to the other man when he arrived? It had been months since the last time they saw each other in person. Would they simply say 'hello' and then walk out of the station together? Would they kiss again?

 Gustav didn't even know what their relationship status was. They were definitely more than just friends, but he wasn't sure they were actually dating, either. That was definitely something the two of them would have to have a serious conversation about when Oliver arrived.

 Gustav had been doing so much overthinking that he thought he might collapse when Oliver finally arrived.

 "Hi." Gustav smiled at Oliver as he walked up. "Um, welcome to Stockholm. I'm...glad you could come."

 Oliver smiled back. "Thanks. I'm glad I'm here, too."

 Without another word, Gustav kissed him passionately, not caring whether or not anyone stared at them while passing by.

 When the kiss ended, Gustav asked abruptly, "What are we? I know we're more than friends. Are we dating, or anything like that?"

 Oliver shrugged. "I don't know. But I'd be your boyfriend if you asked me to."

 "Would you? Would you actually do it, Oliver Wood?"

 Oliver nodded. "Yes, Gustav Olsson. I would."

 Gustav cupped Oliver's face in his hands and kissed him again. Then he took him by the hand and said, "Come on. I know a wizard-run local hotel you can check into. Then we're going to my place."

~~~~~~

 "Tommy!" Gustav called as he and Oliver entered the apartment. "Come on, Tommy, I know you're home! There's someone here you have to meet!"

 "Just this one last paragraph!" they heard from Tommy's room.

 Gustav sighed. "Him and his writing. There's really no coming between them."

 "Now, what have we are?" Tommy walked briskly into the living room, rubbing his hands together. But he stopped and stared when he saw Oliver. "Oh. Um...Oliver Wood, I presume?" he asked, switching to English.

 "Yeah. Yeah, that's me," Oliver answered.

 "Yes, this is Oliver Wood, my boyfriend." Gustav smiled when he said it out loud. "Oliver, this is Thomas Peter Olsson, my favorite brother."

 "His only brother," Tommy corrected as he shook hands with Oliver. "And everyone just calls me Tommy, so don't worry about the full name. I must say, it is nice to meet you in person after hearing Gustav talk about you for so long."

 "Oh. Well, thanks. So...Gustav talk about me a lot?"

 "'Course he does," Tommy answered. "You are his boyfriend, after all. I have to say, it took quite a while for him to get you here."

 "Oh. Yeah, I guess it did," Oliver said sheepishly. "Well, I...I guess I was nervous is all. But I'm glad I did come," he quickly added. "I wanted to see Gustav in person."

 Gustav gave Oliver a smile, and then shot his brother a triumphant look, as if to say I told you so.

 "Well, we will have to go over to Mom and Magnus' soon," Tommy said. "You don't have to be too nervous, though; they're nice people. You'll probably meet Alice, too."

 "Oh." Oliver looked momentarily confused. "I didn't know you two had the same mum."

 "Oh. Oh, I apologize. She is actually a former stepmother," Tommy said, "But I've always called her 'Mom'. I think she thinks of me as another kid." He looked at Gustav and asked in Swedish, "You have an ulterior motive for bringing him to me first, don't you?"

 "Of course I have an ulterior motive," Gustav answered. "If the three of us all go to Mom and Magnus' together, it will make Oliver look better if it looks like you approve of him."

 Oliver looked between the brothers, feeling even more confused. He knew hardly any Swedish, so he didn't know a thing about any ulterior motives.

~~~~~~

 Tommy knocked on the door and called, "It's your boys!"

 Birgitta answered the door and smiled at them. "Ah, here they are! How are you boys!" Her smile faltered when she saw Oliver. "Is this him?"

 "Yes, but he doesn't seem to speak much Swedish," Tommy answered.

 "Ah." Birgitta quickly switched to English. "Hello, Oliver. I am Birgitta Johansson, Gustav's mother."

 Oliver nodded and shook hands with her. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Johansson. Your son's always saying what a great family he has."

 "Oh, and he's such a good man. Come in, come in." Birgitta ushered the men inside, and then called in Swedish, "Magnus, the boys are here, and they've brought Gustav's boyfriend with them!"

 "Are you him?"

 Oliver was startled by the voice. A young woman had materialized next to him, and was eyeing him curiously.

 "You are him, aren't you?" she asked. "I saw you with him at that match. I knew something was up then."

 "Alice, please," Gustav hissed. "Oliver, this is Alice, my sister."

 "Nice to meet you," Oliver said. "I can appreciate any good quidditch player, even if they're in the opposite team."

 Alice smiled. "Thanks. So can I, though we can be quite competitive when we feel like it. Right, Gustav?"

 "Dinner, everyone!" Magnus called.

 "Come on," Gustav whispered to Oliver. "You see? They like you already."

 Gustav felt warm and happy as he and Oliver went to the dining room hand-in-hand, and it felt like his boyfriend was already a member of the family.