Ten

"How was class without me?" Nathan says over the phone.

I plop down on my bed. Lady joining me to cuddle beside me. "Boring. People tried to talk to me."

Nathan chuckles. "About what?"

"Where you've been? Honestly, you start dating me and all of a sudden the girls in our class are interested in you."

"Oh really?" Nathan sounds surprise.

I hum. "Like today, some girl asks me "where's your hot friend today?" I was like, out of the country for business. Then she tells me to tell you her phone number."

"Really?" He says in thought. "Do you think I'm hot?"

I feel my face turn three times its shade. Nathan stays quiet at the other end of the line. I can hear the Winnie the Pooh clock tick every second.

"I think you're attractive," I spoke softly.

Silence.

"Maybe really . . handsome . ." I softly say.

"Not hot?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen you . . um . . hot??"

Nathan chuckles vibrate to my ear. A warm, soothing feeling - like chamomile tea with honey - run down my spine.

"I'll have to change that once I get back," he comments.

Which I don't understand because my heart has stopped once he said it.

"How's Seoul?" I ask, changing the subject.

Background noises from Nathan's line startle me. "It's been fine." More noises like cupboards and plastic food bags. "Wish you here. Seoul is mysteriously beautiful during November. The leaves have fallen, chilly winds and cold nights - mornings are very calm. Autumn in Seoul - in my opinion - is more romantic. I'd take you to Han River for an afternoon stroll, N-Tower to view Seoul at night, Hongdae for the lively vibe of buskers performing on the streets. I'd take you to Busan for it's beaches, Jeju Island for the chilly atmosphere. We'd go out to eat at Insadong and spend two nights there because there's so much to see. You'll eat the delicious street food and enjoy a Friday night at Uncle's Bar. The more I'm here, I yearn for you to be beside me and see this view with me. I've come to know your world, and one day I want you to know mine."

"Maybe that day will come sooner," I sleepily say.

Nathan sighs. "It's hard being away from you. How are you?"

"I've been good. Been hanging around with Frida and my family. Wito wishes you a safe trip back home. He invited you to go to an art auction in Pasadena. I'll be there too."

"I'd love to go," he says.

I smile widely. "Great. It'll be next weekend."

"Vera?"

"Mhm?"

"I . . I miss you," Nathan whispers.

I place my hand over my rapidly beating heart.

"I miss you too," I whisper.

"I'll call you tomorrow. I mean, tonight here."

I giggle. "I'll be awaiting your call. Goodnight, Nathan."

"Sweet dreams Vera."