Five

"It feels like I haven't seen you since we've gotten here," Nathan comments.

Ever since the church ceremony, I've been running around like una loca around the reception. I hardly had a second to even spend time with Nathan. Luckily, with a little help from Frida. I've gotten a chance to escape just a little.

"I'm sorry. Maid of honor is responsible for most of the things happening in this room."

I take a seat next to him at the open bar. Nathan had a plate of five tacos de carne asada. I can almost feel my stomach growl. I order a loaded margarita with a Corona bottle flipped inside it. I take a long sip. Nathan stares at me impressed that I just downed half the glass.

"That hit the spot. Have you eaten?"

Nathan nods. "I ordered another five tacos with rice and smashed beans."

"I can eat a whole cow."

I drink the rest of the margarita. Nathan takes a taco and holds it in front of my face. Specifically my mouth.

"Eat," he says. "You can't be running crazy on an empty stomach."

I don't hesitate and take a bite. I close my eyes to savor the tenderness of the meat. My body relaxes as I gulp down the food. A small moan escapes my lips.

"I'm so hungry," I whine a little.

Nathan chuckles. He takes another taco and feeds it to me. I gladly accept it. He's about to feed me another taco when my phone rings. I check to see it's Alma.

"I've got to go," I say.

"Maid of honor responsibilities?"

I nod. "Text me if anything."

After hours of speeches, the bouquet throwing, the lace, dances with family members, and the cutting of the cake; I hugged Nathan from behind. My head resting on his back as my arms wrapped around his waist. Nathan tensed a little, but relaxed when he saw it was me.

"Tired?" Nathan asks.

I nod against him. "Being maid of honor drained the hell out of me."

I feel Nathan turn, and remove my arms from his waist. A slow song comes on.

"Dance with me," Nathan says as he jumps off the stool.

I don't say anything as he pulls me onto the dance floor. My head automatically rests on his chest as my arms wrap around his neck. Nathan's hands fall to my waist. We dance like this. I can hear the whispers from the family.

"You know," Nathan says. "I really like this dating thing."

"Yeah?" I say looking up at him.

As I did, Nathan looks down. Our noses barely touching and lips inches away. I can feel my heartbeat speed up.

"Yeah. I'd like to go out on more dates with you, Vera."

My heart sings. Is he being serious?

"Really?"

Nathan smiles. His dimples making an appearance. "I like being with you."

A heartstring plucks to skip a beat.

"So do I," I say quick.

I can feel my face warm up. Hiding my face in his chest, Nathan chuckles. He kisses the top of my head. I want to melt right in his arms. I want to take this moment and tuck it in my pocket forever.

 I want to take this moment and tuck it in my pocket forever