Chapter 18

PLEASE READ:
Hello everyone! Today is a miraculous day where I'm actually bringing you another update, lol. But I also have a request to my readers... You guys have been so supportive and amazing, so I'm here to ask for your assistance. I have recently found a horse series that I'm addicted too, written by pityparaed. The books are called Appaloosa (1) and Jet Black (2). Something that's astonished me is that it hasn't gotten the views it deserves. So I'm here to ask if you all wouldn't mind going to check it out in your free time.

pityparaed is a great writer and it would be a shame if this series didn't continue! So once again, please show her some support <3

...

Chapter 18

"Ladies and gentlemen, our main sponsor Dover would like to entend their gratitude and welcome you all to the annual Cicmore Park Horse Show"

I tap my foot with anticipation as the announcer starts to speak. It was officially the beginning of the show and I was extremely nervous. Storm was already braided, clipped and had his best tack on. He was standing to my left as I clench my reins tightly. I haven't gotten on yet because I was still glancing over my course. It consisted of jumps up to 1m, something I could easily do. It was the 1.10m classes I was doing later which had me nervous. Until this week, I haven't jumped those kind of heights consistently.

Sabrina was next to me, and I saw some other students hovering nearby. It wasn't hard to realise that they were here to suss me out. They were probably wondering why I was in the presence of EFA's favourite student. That, or they just wanted to gawk at Sabrina along with other competitors. Probably both...

I saw Scarlett earlier, riding her gelding Major and preparing for her dressage test. She was here for the eventing side of things. Mia on the other hand, was here for the individual dressage events. I could've sworn I saw Seth somewhere as well, but I wasn't entirely sure. I was staying well out of his way, it made things less complicated. He was a massive reminder that my life wasn't how it seems. Hence why I choose to be ignorant of the facts.

"Okay, for your first round I would probably take the long way to be safe. Then once you know Storm is on the ball, start cutting corners out" Sabrina say, pointing at certain jumps.

I nod, already having a plan in my head. After I put the reins over Storm's head, Sabrina gives me a leg up. She does a final girth and boot check before walking me to the warm up ring. As if noticing my nerves escalating, she stops me before I enter the arena.

"There's no reason to be nervous, I saw you jumping this week and the two of you were great" she says, pushing back a strand of her brown hair.

I nod but don't say anything.

"Believe it or not, at my first show representing EFA, I got eliminated because Crescendo threw me off repeatedly" she suddenly says.

I laugh at the unlikely statement.

"As if" I said when my laughter died down.

"And what makes you say that?" Sabrina asks.

"Crescendo is a phenomenal horse, the two of you were a team. That wouldn't have happened" I shake my head in belief.

"Then why would you doubt Storm?" She asks, raising her eye brows.

I blink rapidly for a moment as everything hits me, she was right. We were going to be fine! I've been riding Storm for years and he's an exceptional horse. We're a team!

"You're right, I shouldn't worry about it" I finally said.

"Good! Now go warm up!" She laughs, shooing me away.