12

"Have you been avoiding me?"

Harry jerks his head up in Louis' direction, he's sitting on the bed and ceases to type on the MacBook that is placed on his strong lap, his heart jumps at the tone Louis uses, tranquility yet with a hint of annoyance.

Harry doesn't say anything, because they both know the answer.

Yes, Harry has been avoiding Louis.

After their little trip to the sunflower field, Harry almost had a mental breakdown in the bathroom when they got back, a spare of the moment weakness which he experienced in solitude.

It had been good, too good. That was exactly the problem. Harry had promised himself that, after the ordeal with his mother, he would never grow attachments again. Normal humans are cruel, smart with motives and evil.

There was always a pattern with usual people, they do nice things, and then do despicable things later on in a form of justice or to balance out the equation. Simon did it, his mother did it, the scientists did it and now he's just waiting on Louis.

Because, people aren't simply nice. And Louis will do it sooner or later, he thinks.

When Harry doesn't reply and holds Louis' stare-down, not being the last one to break. Louis just laughs sadly, "You know what, forget it." He's just about to leave the room before he adds something else on, "There's a protest in 2 days, could be the most dangerous one yet."

"And...?" Harry asks.

"And we're going."