Chapter Fifty Six - Changing Sides

Start from the beginning

Embry thought about this. His mom was right, if the baby came out as something else, they could easily destroy it. They've destroyed all kinds of vampires before, a small baby wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Besides, what if they were wrong? What if the baby wasn't a threat at all? They weren't even giving it a chance.

"And If I can add this" Tiffany said making Embry look at her. "You need Alison, badly" She said. "You haven't showered, ate or slept in weeks" She said giving him a small smile. "You two being apart, it's not good for anyone. The both of you are stronger together, whatever the outcome is of this baby, you two can deal with it together. If you're relationship is going to work, then you need to work together, not stand on opposite sides" She said and Embry leaned over the table rubbing his face groaning.

"You do know that if I leave Sam's pack and go to Jake's I'll be considered a traitor" He said looking at his mother. "They won't hold back, they'll fight me to get to Bella. They won't let me back on this land. I don't know when I'll be able to see you again" He said and Tiffany thought about it. She hated telling Embry to choose the more dangerous path, but it was the path he needed to take.

"I have never seen you stronger in your life than when you're with Alison" She said. "Sam doesn't have a chance against you and her" She said and Embry smiled a little bit. "I have faith that you'll be alright, as long as you two are together, you two can conquer the world" She said confidently. "And don't you worry about me, alright? I'll go stay with Billy, keep him company while your away. And if things turn for the worst, then I'll come to you" She said grabbing his hand. "Your job isn't worrying about me, your job is making sure you don't lose an wonderful girl like Alison and doing what you truly think is right." She said and he smiled.

"Thank you" He whispered.

"I love you, Embry, with all of my heart" She said as they both stood up. They hugged each other tightly. "I only want what's best for you" She whispered.

"Thank you, for everything you've done for me" He whispered to her.

"I would do it again in a heart beat" She whispered back to him. "Now go and please for the love of God, be careful" She said and Embry nodded. Tiffany noticed how he stood taller than before, how he looked more determined than ever.

"It'll be alright, mom, I'll see you soon" He said before darting out of the house. He had no doubt that the others had heard his thoughts. They all had doubted his loyalty to them and they were right to doubt him, because his love for Alison would always come first.

"Embry, don't do this man" Quil tried to reason. He already had to go against one of his best friends, he didn't want to have to go against two.

"I don't have a choice, I'm sorry" Embry said before all of the voices went quiet. Paul jumped out from behind the trees chasing after Embry as he neared the Cullen's house. Embry was faster and was able to keep ahead of him. Soon Jared joined Paul, Embry had a little bit harder time staying away from him. Once he got close enough Jared jumped and tackled Embry to the ground. They rolled around snapping at each other.

Embry clawed at him as Jared bit the back of his neck. Paul joined in biting Embry's front leg immobilizing him. Embry howled out in pain. He didn't want to hurt them but it was obvious that Paul's temper was getting the better of him. However, they were close enough to the Cullens for Jake and Leah to hear them fighting. Leah instantly phased thinking it was Seth who was in trouble. Jake followed.

Embry managed to get Jared off of him and clawed Paul across the chest, not deep enough to hurt him seriously though. Embry was able to stand up on three legs and growl at them as Jake and Leah showed up. They didn't know what was going on but Jake was willing to bet that Embry was on their side now. Jake raced forwards to protect his best friend and Leah followed him. Seeing that they were outnumbered, Jared and Paul retreated.

"Are you alright?" Jake asked as he shifted back to his human form with Embry. Leah remained a wolf in case they came back.

"Yea, I think he broke my arm though" Embry said clenching his teeth in pain. Jake looked at it before thinking he was right.

"Come on, lets get you to Carlisle" He said and Embry nodded. "I'm glad you're here" He said and Embry smiled a little bit. "Well I couldn't just leave your dumbass to take on the whole pack" He said and Jake smirked knowing that their friendship had nothing to do with the reason he was here. "How is she?" He asked becoming serious.

"It's not good, bro" Jake said shaking his head. Embry sighed looking at the house as they walked closely. "Depending on what mood she's in, you'll be wishing you only had a broken arm"