Chapter Thirty Three - Mom

"How do I look?" Alison asked Embry nervously.

"Beautiful" He said nodding as he looked at her. "Gorgeous" She smiled as he took her hand. "She's going to love you... after she gets to know you." He muttered the last part under his breath.

"I don't know who's more nervous, you or me" She said and he smiled at her. "We're going to be ok" She said and he nodded in agreement kissing the top of her head. He took a deep breath, gave her hand a squeeze and opened the door to his house.

"Mom?" He asked leading Alison inside.

"I'm in the living room!" She shouted back. Alison gave Embry a nod as he closed the door. He hesitated but lead her into the living room. "Hey- Oh" She said looking at Alison. "Embry, who's this?" She asked frowning her eyebrows.

"This is Alison" He said holding onto Alison's hand tightly. "She's my..." He hesitated. They never talked about what they were exactly. They just knew they were mates and that was enough for them but his mother didn't know anything about their world.

"Girlfriend" She finished with a soft smile before looking back at his mother. "It's nice to finally meet you, Ms. Call" She said and his mother just slowly nodded as she looked at Alison as if she were sizing her up.

"Girlfriend" She muttered looking at Embry. "I didn't know you had a girlfriend" She said slightly hurt that he didn't say anything about her.

"We've been keeping it quiet" Embry told her. "She's a Cullen, you know how people are superstitious about them"

"Yea" She said rolling her eyes not believing in the rumors. "Well, I'm Tiffany" She said standing up to shake Alison's hand. Alison hesitated knowing she her hands were going to be cold, but shook her hand anyways. "Oh my, are you that cold dear?" She asked curiously.

"I don't have good blood circulation in my hands" She said. "It's something I've been living with" She said and Embry smirked slightly but didn't say anything.

"Well then it's a good thing Embry always has a high body temperature" She said and Alison nodded grinning at Embry. "Please, sit down" She said and they sat on the couch. "How long have you two been together?" She asked and they looked at each other. They tried to think about it. It seems like they've been together for forever.

"Almost nine months" Alison answered coming to that conclusion faster than Embry.

"Nine months?" Tiffany asked raising her eyebrows curiously. Alison nodded with a smile as she moved closer to Embry. All Tiffany could think about was about nine months ago, Embry started to get even worse in his rebellious stage. Skipping even more school and sneaking out, sometimes not coming back for days. "So, you're the reason Embry has been sneaking out and skipping school" Embry's heart dropped. He knew this would happen, he just hoped it didn't.

"No" Embry said. "She has nothing to do with that" Embry said.

"Then what is it Embry?" Tiffany asked looking at him. "You're never home, you don't go to school and you break every rule I put in place. You cut your hair, you get a tattoo and you're suddenly all muscular" She said looking at him with tears in her eyes. "I'm scared for you, Embry. I don't think this relationship is any good and I would really like it if you stayed away from my son" Tiffany said sternly. "I want you to get out of my house and stay out"

"Don't talk to her like that" Embry snapped clenching his jaw.

"I don't want her in this house, Embry!" Tiffany shouted. "She's no good for you, you can't see that but I can. I'm still your mother and I don't want you seeing her"

"Ma'am, I love your son" Embry's head snapped to Alison. "I would do anything for him."

"If that's true" Tiffany said. "Then you should walk away, because you're not good for him. You're not what he needs" She said pressing her lips together.

"Mom" Embry snapped. "Alison is an amazing person, I promise you, she's not the reason behind everything. If you would just give her a chance" He pleaded.

"I know all I need too, Embry... Unless you wanna tell me the real reason why you've been acting strange" Embry shut his mouth looking down at his lap. Alison knew that Embry didn't want to tell his mother about their world, it wasn't safe for her to know.

"I'm sorry, that you think I'm the reason he's changed so suddenly" Alison said holding onto Embry tightly. "But you're son is an amazing man. He's smart, caring, compassionate. There isn't anything in the world he wouldn't do for those he loves." She said. "And I'm really sorry that you only see the bad in him, not all the good his done for not only himself but for the people he loves" She said before looking at Embry. She kissed the side of his head. "I'll see you later" She whispered just for him before standing up.

"Wait, please don't go" Embry said standing up. Alison didn't listen as she walked towards the door. "Alison, please. Just let me talk to her" He said and she turned around grabbing his face kissing his lips. His eyes widened but soon they were both just relaxing against each other. He grabbed her waist pulling her towards him. He kissed her back passionately the two of them easily getting lost in the kiss. "I guess that kiss was a little overdo" He whispered as they pulled away. She smiled hugging him tightly. She looked at his mother as she stood behind him a couple of feet away. She crossed her arms giving Alison a stern look.

"I have to go" She whispered pulling away.

"Alison" He said trying to keep her in his embrace but she slipped out of it. "Al-" She was gone.