Chapter Forty Eight - Planning

It's been an extremely busy couple of months. Alice has been running around crazy to get the wedding planned, she has loved every second of it. Bree has been getting more and more settled in, Jasper is extremely impressed with her control of thirst. Bree seems to be liking the new life but Alison can still sense something.

"What're you reading?" Alison asked walking into her room. Embry was fast asleep in her room and Alison has been wanting to talk to her.

"Just some fiction" Bree said making Alison smile a little bit.

"I want you to be honest with me" She said sitting near her. Bree nodded putting the book down. "Do you like it here?" She asked. "I want you to know, you don't have to stay here. I can make arrangements for you to go with another family" She said gently.

"What? No, I don't want to leave" Bree said shaking her head.

"Ok, you don't have to go" Alison said quickly. "I just want you to be happy" Alison said and Bree smiled a little bit looking away shyly.

"It's not that I'm not happy here" Bree said honestly. "I couldn't be more thankful for what you and your family have done for me" She said and Alison gave her a smile nodding. "It's just.. I had friends in the army" She said and Alison nodded. "One left before the battle and the other" She stopped talking as she looked down at her hands.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want too" She said leaning forwards. "But I'm all ears if you need to talk" She said and Bree gave her a small smile.

"His name was Diego" She said her voice cracking. "He found out stuff that Riley and Victoria didn't want us to know, they killed him so that he wouldn't tell us" She said and Alison moved over pulling her into her arms. Bree cried without tears.

"I'm so sorry" Alison whispered kissing the top of her head. She couldn't imagine losing Embry and now everything about Bree's behavior made sense. "It's going to be alright, Bree. I'll help you through this" She whispered.

Alison stayed true to her word. She did everything she could to make Bree feel better. She even helped Alice with the wedding cause she could see that Bree wanted to get involved. It worked, Bree was slowly getting better but the sorrow of losing someone she loved was still obviously there. Alison knew that this Diego wasn't her true mate or else Bree would be much worse. She was just happy there was some hope in helping her.

"What're you going to wear to the wedding?" Alison asked Embry as they walked to Billy's house. While Alison was spending most of her time with Bree, Embry was working hard with the others to get his house in living condition. When Alison wasn't with Bree and Embry was sleeping, she would do what she could to help fix the house up as well.

"Something nice, don't worry, I won't embarrass you" He said and she smiled rolling her eyes as they made it to the house.

"How's Billy holding up?" She asked quietly.

"He's worried about Jake but my mom keeps him company" He said. Jake had disappeared after getting the wedding invitation. "Come on, I think my mom misses you" He said and she smiled. After Alison had kept her word in protecting Embry, Tiffany was liking Alison more and more.

"Alison, I was wondering when you'd come by" Tiffany said smiling as she looked up from the newspaper as she sat at the kitchen table.

"I was dropping by to make sure Embry wasn't going to come to the wedding in jean shorts, shirtless" She said smiling at him.

"You've never complained before" He said and she rolled her eyes kissing his cheek.

"Don't worry, Alison, I wouldn't let him go to the wedding looking like that" Tiffany said and Alison smiled gratefully. "I heard about the dress you're wearing, I'm sure you'll look beautiful" She said.

"You're more than welcome to come as well" Alison said leaving Embry to sit across from Tiffany. "Billy and Seth are coming, I bet you would have fun" She said and Tiffany thought about it. "Besides, it'll be nice to hang out with other people than annoying teenage boys with odor problems" She said and Tiffany laughed.

"Easy, babe" Embry said going into the fridge.

"I wasn't talking about you" Alison said smirking. Tiffany smiled at them. Now that she wasn't hell bent on getting them to break up, she noticed that they were a cute couple. She couldn't have been more wrong about the two of them. "Think about it?" Alison asked and Tiffany smiled nodding.

"Alright, I'll think about it" She said making Alison grin excitedly.